Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom sustomer service.. lack of !!!

Options
  • 01-03-2012 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

I had an eircom rep call to my house and I agreed to switch back to them. I was told that I should receive a text the following week. When I got the text I should ring and they would tell me when my service would be switched. 10 days later I had heard nothing so I rang and after 10 minutes got an agent who told me that nothing happens in the 10 day cooling off period and it would take 25 days after that before the switch happened... I explained that I was led to believe it would only take a week or so and she asked if I would like to make a complaint and I said yes because I think people should be made aware of these things. I held for another 10 minutes before I got through to complaints, I explained what had happened, the agent said I'm sorry I;ll put you through to sales !!! So before I could even open my mouth he hung up on me and I was in waiting limbo again !!!
    So I got my third agent and explained the situation for the third time, I told her I wanted to cancel my order because of the bad customer service I had received and she said she would put me though to a supervisor... If I had any hopes of finally receiving any type of customer care it soon evaporated when I spoke to Kieran.... After going through my tale of woe for the third time he checked the system and said he had no record of my account at all !!! He said it must have been cancelled so I asked him to double check which he did and said it had been cancelled. He was not a bit concerned, did;nt even try to make me change my mind or make up for the bad service, do they not realise their jobs depend on new customers ?
    Guess what ?? Today I received a text telling me my account with Eircom had been activated !!!! What the hell is going on????? Its so frustrating !!! When I rang of course cancellations were closed so another day goes by,,,,, If I cancel now will I be left with no service |??? How do companies expect to win new customers with this attitude ?? I'd rather pay more and be treated with a bit of respect !!! Sorry for the rant but GRRRRR:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

bnear wrote: »
    I had an eircom rep call to my house and I agreed to switch back to them. I was told that I should receive a text the following week. When I got the text I should ring and they would tell me when my service would be switched. 10 days later I had heard nothing so I rang and after 10 minutes got an agent who told me that nothing happens in the 10 day cooling off period and it would take 25 days after that before the switch happened... I explained that I was led to believe it would only take a week or so and she asked if I would like to make a complaint and I said yes because I think people should be made aware of these things. I held for another 10 minutes before I got through to complaints, I explained what had happened, the agent said I'm sorry I;ll put you through to sales !!! So before I could even open my mouth he hung up on me and I was in waiting limbo again !!!
    So I got my third agent and explained the situation for the third time, I told her I wanted to cancel my order because of the bad customer service I had received and she said she would put me though to a supervisor... If I had any hopes of finally receiving any type of customer care it soon evaporated when I spoke to Kieran.... After going through my tale of woe for the third time he checked the system and said he had no record of my account at all !!! He said it must have been cancelled so I asked him to double check which he did and said it had been cancelled. He was not a bit concerned, did;nt even try to make me change my mind or make up for the bad service, do they not realise their jobs depend on new customers ?
    Guess what ?? Today I received a text telling me my account with Eircom had been activated !!!! What the hell is going on????? Its so frustrating !!! When I rang of course cancellations were closed so another day goes by,,,,, If I cancel now will I be left with no service |??? How do companies expect to win new customers with this attitude ?? I'd rather pay more and be treated with a bit of respect !!! Sorry for the rant but GRRRRR:confused:

Hi bnear,

I am very sorry to hear about the customer service you have received firom eircom to date. Can you private message me with you full address and the name the order was placed under and I will llok into the issue in detail.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement