Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iTunes transfer

• 01-03-2012 7:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭

How do I move my iTunes from my old MacBook to my MacBook air?
    I'm having real issues with this
    Cheers

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Have you used the Migration Assistant(s) in Target FireWire mode?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

Migration assistant should bring all that over, but if you want to do it yourself, some pretty good steps here, especially for external drive:
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4527
    Its really just bringing over old iTunes folder and putting in to your Music folder, but this makes sures you consolidate files, making sure all the content is in the same folder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭Stevegeraghty

I did but it didn't seem to work, is there a way to wipe the air and start again from scratch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

Yep just delete the iTunes folder on the Macbook Air if you just want to do iTunes

If you want to start migrations assistant again, prob best to wipe the macbook air and do a reinstall from recovery drive(cmd+r on startup I think) but just doing iTunes would be quicker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭Stevegeraghty

brav wrote: »
    Yep just delete the iTunes folder on the Macbook Air if you just want to do iTunes

If you want to start migrations assistant again, prob best to wipe the macbook air and do a reinstall from recovery drive(cmd+r on startup I think) but just doing iTunes would be quicker

All the music went over but when I sync my phone none of my apps are there, I had to reset the firmware on my phone and now there are no apps on it?

Where is there a genius bar when ye need one :mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Did you register the MacBook Air with Apples iTunes / App Store? You can register up to 5 computers to one account.

Advertisement