Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VAT & other charges

Options
  • 01-03-2012 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭

I upgraded to 7mb broadband a few weeks ago and I have recieve a huge bill

The broadband & phone packages state that VAT is included but I was charged for vat at the end of the bill.

I was charged 13.38 For connection charges. What connections, it was all done over the phone.

The broadband I selected was just over 40 euro a month including vat yet I was charged 65.

There were also part period charges on the bill.

I cant understand how the bill jumped so much just by upgrading broadband, its ridiculous!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Cato85

I recently decided to cancel my Eircom account. The person on the phone convinced me to stay with a different package.
    I got my bill last week and there was a reconnection fee with VAT.

All in all it brought my bill up about €30.

The reconnection fee was not mentioned to me before.

Madness!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Irishchick wrote: »
    I upgraded to 7mb broadband a few weeks ago and I have recieve a huge bill

The broadband & phone packages state that VAT is included but I was charged for vat at the end of the bill.

I was charged 13.38 For connection charges. What connections, it was all done over the phone.

The broadband I selected was just over 40 euro a month including vat yet I was charged 65.

There were also part period charges on the bill.

I cant understand how the bill jumped so much just by upgrading broadband, its ridiculous!!

Hi Irishchick,

Can you private message me with the best contact number and time to give you a call.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

pm sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Irishchick wrote: »
    pm sent

Hi Irishchick,

I hope the call and bill explination was clear, let me know if you have any follow up queries.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement