Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GSM Dialer for HKC Alarm

Options
  • 01-03-2012 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭

I have a HKC Securewatch alarm with a wired dialler which sends texts alerts when alarm activated.
    I am about to get rid of the landline so I will need to get a GSM Dialler instead.
    My question, can I get a generic GSM dialler cheaper than the HKC model?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

I have a HKC Securewatch alarm with a wired dialler which sends texts alerts when alarm activated.
    I am about to get rid of the landline so I will need to get a GSM Dialler instead.
    My question, can I get a generic GSM dialler cheaper than the HKC model?
    Thanks

If the system is a 6/10 then the GSM you linked to will work. If your system is an 8/12 then the GSM-P would be a better buy. It will also give you remote access to the panel for arming/disarming of the alarm as well as the text alerts for alarm activations. If you have a PIR installed in the premises it will also send a second text to alert you that someone is in the house if they walk in front of the PIR. Much better value.

Thanks for reply.
    Is there a quick way of telling which system i have?
    Any idea how much the GSM-P is?
    Thanks

Thanks for reply.
    Is there a quick way of telling which system i have?
    Any idea how much the GSM-P is?
    Thanks

You would need to look at the PCB in the control panel. If it has 8 zones across the bottom then it is an 8/12. If you are doing this yourself make sure you turn off the mains going to the control panel first. The battery will keep the system going while you do this. Simply enter your user code on the keypad to silent the alarm from opening the control panel. The GSM-P is €320 to buy.

Got a GSM text module from Reliable Security in Drumcondra today
    http://www.rspl.ie/
    Easy enough to set up
    +- 12V d/c from panel and alarm o/p from panel to module
    fitted it with new simcard with €10 credited to it
    Works well

• Advertisement

Got a GSM text module from Reliable Security in Drumcondra today
    http://www.rspl.ie/
    Easy enough to set up
    +- 12V d/c from panel and alarm o/p from panel to module
    fitted it with new simcard with €10 credited to it
    Works well

Thanks for getting back to us johnnyrotten.
    Neat little unit. Any price?

its €88 plus VAT and it works a treat
    A lot cheaper than the HKC that comes in around €320 plus VAT

its €88 plus VAT and it works a treat
    A lot cheaper than the HKC that comes in around €320 plus VAT

That is good value. The HKC unit is €320 including VAT. To be fair the HKC GSM will give you more information of any alarm activation plus remote access for arming/disarming and the option to control the outputs on the GSM.

altor wrote: »
    That is good value. The HKC unit is €320 including VAT. To be fair the HKC GSM will give you more information of any alarm activation plus remote access for arming/disarming and the option to control the outputs on the GSM.

Sorry €320 it is. Agreed the HKC unit does more but for me the unit i've installed does what i need, i.e. tells me when i've had an activation.
    It has two inputs so you can program the 2md for something like tamper or fire.
    It also has an output for controlling something like a lighting circuit or heating.
    So its a good little unit for the price

Sorry €320 it is. Agreed the HKC unit does more but for me the unit i've installed does what i need, i.e. tells me when i've had an activation.
    It has two inputs so you can program the 2md for something like tamper or fire.
    It also has an output for controlling something like a lighting circuit or heating.
    So its a good little unit for the price

Not knocking it johnnyrotten, it is good value for what it does.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Post deleted. If you wish to sell goto Adverts.ie

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement