Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I just bought a scratch card and won!!!!

• 01-03-2012 8:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭

€50 :D

I never buy them and just decided to on a whim.

It can go towards my electricity bill!!

While I would have preferred the €5,000, beggars can't be choosers. :D

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

Well done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I'm sure your Facebook friends will be very interested to hear that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

I'm impressed. Now please teach me how you did sensei :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

That's a nice start to the weekend...

Nice one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

phasers wrote: »
    I'm sure your Facebook friends will be very interested to hear that

Miserable git! And I am not on facebook.:p

• Advertisement

You only need to match two right?????

;)

Joking - I matched three, three!!!! :D

I'm impressed. Now please teach me how you did sensei :cool:

Well, I was standing at the counter and I just got this notion in my head to buy a scratchcard, it was just like that... the thought came out of nowhere. I was thinking 'get the €1 one or the €2 one and thought... hmmmm the €2 one would pay out more, but I am skint.... what to do, what to do.... So then I thought...

errrr, you didn't really want to know, did you? :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

I always hate that heart in mouth moment when i have 2x50 2x5000 and 1x 500. I scratch the final panel, and what is it? FREE.

Story of my life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭tony007

You only need to match two right?????

;)

Joking - I matched three, three!!!! :D

Do you know what you should do now? Use the money to buy scratchcards.

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    I always hate that heart in mouth moment when i have 2x50 2x5000 and 1x 500. I scratch the final panel, and what is it? FREE.

Story of my life.

Mine too, till nooooooooooooooooow!!!!!:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Well, I was standing at the counter and I just got this notion in my head to buy a scratchcard, it was just like that... the thought came out of nowhere. I was thinking 'get the €1 one or the €2 one and thought... hmmmm the €2 one would pay out more, but I am skint.... what to do, what to do.... So then I thought...

errrr, you didn't really want to know, did you? :D:D

So what scratch card you get?

tony007 wrote: »
    Do you know what you should do now? Use the money to buy scratchcards.

:D

Yes, but in a different shop. There won't be another winner where I got mine till 2016 - at least. :D

Vain wrote: »
    So what scratch card you get?

The €1. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,337 ✭✭✭Archeron

I glance at after hours and my mind combined the top two thread titles into 'i just bought a scratch card and and won man rape'. Whats the lottery coming to at all at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭danielboom

€50 :D

I never buy them and just decided to on a whim.

It can go towards my electricity bill!!

While I would have preferred the €5,000, beggars can't be choosers. :D

CONGRATS! you must be very lucky to be a first time winner.
    you should start playing the lotto.... IT COULD BE YOU.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Now use the scatch card money and buy 50 scratch cards, then put the winnings in the bank and live off the interest for the rest of your life.

Money is really tight at the moment and I got my electricity bill last week and thought great, another bill, something else to add to my list of woes, so I really am pleased about this.

Honestly, it really doesn't take much to make me happy. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Money is really tight at the moment and I got my electricity bill last week and thought great, another bill, something else to add to my list of woes, so I really am pleased about this.

Honestly, it really doesn't take much to make me happy. :D
    It's the little things that count sunflower27. Well done. Pity you can't treat yourself with it though.

KKkitty wrote: »
    It's the little things that count sunflower27. Well done. Pity you can't treat yourself with it though.

Thank you! That's true, but knowing half the electricity bill is paid for is treating myself, sadly :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭flanders1979

Its better than appearing on winning streak. You would have to change your name from Sunflower27 to Lavender87

• Advertisement

Its better than appearing on winning streak. You would have to change your name from Sunflower27 to Lavender87

I kinda like bluerinse101

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

KKkitty wrote: »

Thank you! That's true, but knowing half the electricity bill is paid for is treating myself, sadly :o
    At least it's one less thing to worry about and you might be able to treat yourself down the line :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Congratulations. The most I ever won was €8.
    Oh whatever, don't reckon you can pay off a bill with your sh*te, but good luck trying.
    You never know. I saw a programme a few years ago about an 'artist' who painted his faeces gold and sold them.

Congratulations. The most I ever won was €8.

You never know. I saw a programme a few years ago about an 'artist' who painted his faeces gold and sold them.

Copycat art never does well ;)

Advertisement