Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any thoughs on apartmens in Bush Beggars, The Square (Cannon Mews)

Options
  • 01-03-2012 8:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

I got the title wrong, is Beggar's Bush, sorry :)

Anyone lives in that area? How is it?
    We are a mature couple looking for some nice and quiet area.

Thanks a lot

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

I used to live across the road in one of the houses on Haddington Road. The area is relatively quiet and you have the Beggars Bush pub there too, which is a great spot for a pint.

The one drawback is match days in Lansdowne Road mean you have hoards of fans in the area for most of the day, heavy traffic and a a fair bit of litter. That's all out on the main road though so you'd be less aware of it from within the walls.

The houses there are converted barracks, build quality of the externals is fantastic and inside they seem quite comfortable, from what I remember.

Big positives for the area is you are close to pretty much everything you'd want, bar a big supermarket. Easy walk to town, lovely strolls along the canal. Close to the Dart line and plenty of busses within a couple of minutes of you too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 julio_delg

Thanks a lot for your reply. Sound like a very handy place to live.

I guess my question now shoud be: How often do matches take place in the Stadium?

Thanks!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Depends really...

Generally 5 or 6 rugby internationals (2 or 3 in Feb/March, then 3 in November), a few major Leinster games (three this season, last one will be April, although may be another in March).

About the same number of Soccer internationals per season probably.

There there'd be other events, such as concerts, but not many.

TBH, it's not something that would put me off, it's a minor inconvenience.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Raytown Rocks

I know the area very well.
    Used to play footaball as a child in the Barrcks before it became houses.
    Very quiet and nice place
    Very central for most ameneties
    Good pubs nearby
    Match days are not that bad.
    overall a good place in general.

Possibly 9/10 games a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 julio_delg

Thanks guys,

I'd say the place is looking better and better to me, :).

• Advertisement
Advertisement