Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next Big Thing?

Options
  • 01-03-2012 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭

What do you guys think will be the next big thing in personal electronics?
    Internet tv? Will we all be using tablets, will smart phones get even smarter?

Will we use digital technology to plan and pay for everything in our lives?

Be curious to hear a few opinions and read a few related articles if you could link them?

Apart from the ipad 3!

Thanks

Comments

I think voice control on everything in our homes will be the next big thing.

I look forward to the time when I can control things just by speaking, I'm too lazy to pick up a remote control. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

I've never been sold on voice control due to its strangeness outside sitting in a room on your own but it could take off (have you tried using a DS with the occasional voice commands used in some games in public?)

I think Skinput (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skinput) could become an interesting technology especially if it uses something like bluetooth to talk all your devices (phone, TV, MP3 Player, media PCs etc) you just wander around with it and when you want to interact/control something just call up its menu and tap around your arm

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭sh__93

Back To The Future 2 was set in 2015. So we're only 3 years away from hoverboards! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Cormdogg wrote: »
    What do you guys think will be the next big thing in personal electronics?
    Internet tv? Will we all be using tablets, will smart phones get even smarter?

Will we use digital technology to plan and pay for everything in our lives?

Be curious to hear a few opinions and read a few related articles if you could link them?

Apart from the ipad 3!

Thanks

iPhone 5!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Iphone 5 will be another Giant letdown. Phones have reached their peak, there is little elase they can really do with them. However apple will make 3 or 4 things better and call it a revolution.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Advertisement