Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MICROSOFT FLIGHT REVIEW FEB 29th 2012

Options
  • 01-03-2012 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

HI all just downloaded microsoft flight and to be honest its not what i expected at all. im a bit dissapointed. three years waiting for the release and its nothing more than an arcade game. my biggest regret was mistaking it for a flight simulator but then again there never said it was a real simulater. having said that i think the graphics are pretty awesome. if they could just build a real simulator with those graphics it would be cool and i would pay big money for it.(hopefully sometime soon)

anyway we'll have to keep waiting and wishing..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Gerry47

I agree with your impressions of Microsoft Flight. The graphics are good and the aircraft modelling is very good too although not having a cockpit for the P51 is a big disappointment especially as you have to pay for it. There are no AI aircraft, no ATC, no dynamic weather so it's really hard to see who this simulator/game will appeal to? Also the world does not feel dynamic with nothing really happening on the ground, no traffic, no airport vehicles etc but it is well modelled.

Looking in the folders for the game it does not look as if it will be in any way compatible with FSX add ons so it will mean waiting for Microsoft's own dlc to become available. Judging from the multi-player there are not too many users interested either. A major disappointment then and it's not even just a game because then you could probably blow things up!!

I'd give graphics, modelling etc 8/10. Overall though for someone who loves flight related content from FSX to DCS A10c I'd only give it 3/10 and hope that future dlc will improve the overall flight simulator experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭ROFLcopter

Yeah, I think Microsoft have finally put the simulator series on the shelf for good with this one. It's not anything like the simulator series and is a game based in Hawaii. You can't go to any airport you like or even fly a passenger jet. I knew they were going to make a sim or game that anyone could use, but this just a game nothing more.

I am disappointed, maybe xplane will take over for FSX in the future.

Advertisement