Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International SIM cards

Options
  • 01-03-2012 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if there is a place in Dublin that sells international SIM cards? seems easy to get online but need one fairly quickly

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

There is an outlet just inside Dublin airport T1 [arrivals or departure, I'm note sure]

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭petronius

Will be spending a good deal of time in Denmark, and Germany over the summer, is it possible to get a Sim Card for there without having an address in these countries?
    Does that place in the airport(which I havent seen) sell sims for foreign networks?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

petronius wrote: »
    Will be spending a good deal of time in Denmark, and Germany over the summer, is it possible to get a Sim Card for there without having an address in these countries?
    Does that place in the airport(which I havent seen) sell sims for foreign networks?

Just get a PAYG SIM when you get over there and top up as needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,226 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

For Denmark you could buy a Three.ie SIM Card and use it in Denmark as part of the Three Like Home concept and pay no additional cost for receiving calls and data is charged the same as in Ireland, as outlined here.

In Germany at most airports you can purchase a prepaid SIM for a large amount of providers. Some shops might require you to show your passport as the german law requires that even pre-paid sim cards are registered against a person. Generally you can buy prepaid sims without a passport in gas stations, supermarkets and kiosks, actualy everywhere. However to work them you might require german as most providers don't do english support.

Advertisement