Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank decreasing Credit Card amount.

• 01-03-2012 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Anybody elses amount on CC being decreased?

I don't use it a huge amount at most a few hundred but always pay it off by end of month, just noticed the amount was dropped by 500!

Only in Ulster Bank as my earnings went up recently so just wondering what their logic is? I am never in overdraft etc and have a good amount of savings with them! :confused: I will ask next time I am in branch but it is a bit bizarre!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭dublin daz

Sign of the times with Ulster Bank. I always had my Overdraft renewed automatically but this year I had to re-apply. They are finding it hard to lend money they don't have I think.

Also, their risk exposure is higher when your credit card limit is higher. The more credit the more risk - in the event your card was skimmed - the potential liability to the Bank being the credit limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭almalahide

That's fair enough I guess, just found it funny they didn't send me a letter considering they send so much out about different things!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

almalahide wrote: »
    Anybody elses amount on CC being decreased?

I don't use it a huge amount at most a few hundred but always pay it off by end of month, just noticed the amount was dropped by 500!

Only in Ulster Bank as my earnings went up recently so just wondering what their logic is? I am never in overdraft etc and have a good amount of savings with them! :confused: I will ask next time I am in branch but it is a bit bizarre!

Sounds like a mistake to be honest. I doubt they can just reduce your credit limit without notifying you first... THey have agreed to offer you credit for x amount. You have not broken any terms and conditions which might give them reason to change this.

Very weird imo.

Advertisement