Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest Electricity

Options
  • 01-03-2012 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

I used to be in Board Gas, and after 1year decided to sign to Artricity.
    I used to have bills around 100-130E (board gas) before increase.
    Now I have 200E and thinking about back to board gas.

Is it good steep?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Accommodation & Property

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Jakub25

At artricity?

Here are my two bills, boardgas.jpg
    Below Artricity 21/12/2011 to 21/02/2012

Artricity.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Look at the number of units you used. The Airtricity rate is cheaper but you used nearly twice as many units on the previous bill. The VAT is also increased from this time last year. The only thing more expensive about Airtricity is the standing charge, but that only amounts to a couple of quid more really.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Ritchi

The rate per KWh is actually slightly cheaper for you for Airtricity

• Advertisement

Thanks, I'll stay with Artricity.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 360 ✭✭djrichard

Its not true that your Airtricity bill is cheaper than your Bord Gais bill. Its easy to miss, but if you look under your unit rate, you will see you have a 10% discount still to be applied. The Airtricity discount is already included in their prices. So the BG unit price and standing charge is actually less.

However, your BG bill is over one year old and all suppliers have increased their prices since then. I believe BG increased theirs on 1st September last year.

Best thing to do is to check www.bonkers.ie and do a quick price comparison on there as all their prices are current. Although dont believe a word on what they say about the gas prices. They are clearly misleading customers in their annual savings predictions because they dont take into account the fact that Flo Gas only provide savings for the first 6 months, instead of the 12 or 24 month period the competition provide.

Advertisement