Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Article on the FAKE Benefit and other brands

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭aristocat

Frightening! When is a bargain not a bargain? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

That's scary, people need to use a bit of common sense.

If they want a fake bag or shoes then I don't really care but why the hell do people put stuff on their faces, on their lips and on their eyes :eek: when they have no idea what could be in them, they're probably made somewhere with no quality control and could be full of dangerous chemicals.

If you were to have a really bad reaction to something then how long would it take the doctors to figure out what it was that you had the reaction to when the incorrect ingredients would be printed on the back.

It's strange how common sense isn't that common anymore!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Scary is when fake stuff makes its way into the shops themselves!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Worse again are the genuine articles that are been sold openly in retail outlets , that are manufactured in Asia/India by children as young as 10 yrs of age , working up to 12 hours a day , for less than a euro a day - in squalor conditions

The finished articles are been sold by major brand names in many huge retail outlets .

Its been proven .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Good point allthedoyles.

I was interested to see what ingredients I can expect to find in a mascara or eyeshadow bought legitimately by a brand name. Looking at the list didn't really give me much insight I have to say and a lot of the things looked quite scary because they were so unrecognisable. Unfortunately makeup isn't like food where you can identify every composite part of what you're buying. I suppose that makes it easier to produce these knockoffs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

Worse again are the genuine articles that are been sold openly in retail outlets , that are manufactured in Asia/India by children as young as 10 yrs of age , working up to 12 hours a day , for less than a euro a day - in squalor conditions

The finished articles are been sold by major brand names in many huge retail outlets .

Its been proven .

But how do you know which ones? Really? The only way to stop it is to stop buying their product, but which brands are using child labour, animal testing etc.

I for one would be heartbroken if benefit use these cruel methods.

Its also really scary that some of the fakes are really harmless lke we are putting these harmful chemicals on our skin, I was naive when I bought benefit stuff online, NEVER again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

I never ever got why anyone would buy fake make up. I mean it's never really that cheap and usually when people do they buy in bulk and spend the amount of one or two things of the real brand anyway. It's usually horrible as well, I mean it's fake for a reason.

People should be looking for good dupes, not fakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

Resi12 wrote: »
    I never ever got why anyone would buy fake make up. I mean it's never really that cheap and usually when people do they buy in bulk and spend the amount of one or two things of the real brand anyway. It's usually horrible as well, I mean it's fake for a reason.

People should be looking for good dupes, not fakes.

I totally agree, I much rather a quality cheap brand that delivers than risk buying fake. I'm not big into labels though in general, when I can I take the labels off beauty products so my room looks less like an advert.

Advertisement