Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunsink Observatory

Options
  • 01-03-2012 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭

Hi all Whats the story with Dunsink Observatory? Is it still in use? ALso is it possible to visit?
    I have been down there on numerous occasions and the gates locked. I looked up a website also before and there was an email address there to email to book a viewing but the email failed. Shame to have something like this closed up to the public :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭jfSDAS

hi,

Dunsink Observatory is still very much open for public outreach! The gates are normally closed for security reasons except when public events are on.

A significant amount of public nights are held during the year outside of the normal two scheduled monthly from September to March. I'm doing the main talk next Wednesday night (March 7th) -- it will be a demonstration of the scale of the solar system as the group will consist mostly of kids along with their parents.

Contact details to register for attending an Open Night are at ...

http://www.dias.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=128&Itemid=178&lang=en

drop me a note at southdublinastronomy at gmail dot com if any problems contacting Dunsink.

john

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭johnwest288

jfSDAS wrote: »
    hi,

Dunsink Observatory is still very much open for public outreach! The gates are normally closed for security reasons except when public events are on.

A significant amount of public nights are held during the year outside of the normal two scheduled monthly from September to March. I'm doing the main talk next Wednesday night (March 7th) -- it will be a demonstration of the scale of the solar system as the group will consist mostly of kids along with their parents.

Contact details to register for attending an Open Night are at ...

http://www.dias.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=128&Itemid=178&lang=en

drop me a note at southdublinastronomy at gmail dot com if any problems contacting Dunsink.

john

Sounds great John Ill sign up tonight! :D

Advertisement