Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road resurfacing, Carraig-on-Bannow...

Options
  • 01-03-2012 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭

Who knows the road out from Carraig-on-Bannow to Duncormick?

Well it's a shambles.

About a 1 mile stretch near Carraig was completely resurfaced last year, summertime I think. Within a week the workmen were back filling potholes and since then that's ongoing.

But over the past days they're back in force, with a JCB no less, tearing up large sections and patching up again. It's now a worse road to drive on than before the original resurface work.

What kind of incompetents do the Council have on these jobs, and who oversees the work of the incompetents? I know who pays for it! :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

patff wrote: »
    Who knows the road out from Carraig-on-Bannow to Duncormick?

Well it's a shambles.

About a 1 mile stretch near Carraig was completely resurfaced last year, summertime I think. Within a week the workmen were back filling potholes and since then that's ongoing.

But over the past days they're back in force, with a JCB no less, tearing up large sections and patching up again. It's now a worse road to drive on than before the original resurface work.

What kind of incompetents do the Council have on these jobs, and who oversees the work of the incompetents? I know who pays for it! :mad:

Tis an utter pain in the hole, but you can't expect a decent job to be done with tar and chippings.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Diamond_Ninja

That road is a nightmare at the best of times, this just adds to the chaos!!

Advertisement