Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nice bite to eat in Cavan town?

Options
  • 01-03-2012 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

Where would you suggest for a nice steak in Cavan town folks?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 GERRYMAC65

detoxkid wrote: »
    Where would you suggest for a nice steak in Cavan town folks?
    The Blackhorse, or the Bridge is always good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Lojak

The hard boiled egg is good and fairly reasonable!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 GERRYMAC65

Lojak wrote: »
    The hard boiled egg is good and fairly reasonable!
    Thats for sure,it couldnt be beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Black horse for steak.

However for food in general the Hard Boiled Egg is the best place for food. Drove past it for years and never though much about it, since going in I'll drop in every weekend.

Steak and eggs is delish.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Hi all,

I'll be visiting Cavan town next Monday evening with a couple of friends and I've been tasked with choosing where we have dinner. We're all into food and wine and it's a special occasion so I'm looking for recommendations please.

Trip advisor and MenuPages give high marks to The Hard Boiled Egg Cafe which we'll probably go to on Tuesday for brunch but I'm struggling for suggestions for Monday night.

Must be Cavan town BTW, we won't be driving anywhere or getting taxi's any great distance.

Help???

Ben

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭tweety76

I visited Cavan Town about 2 months ago and stumbled upon The Black Horse, had a fantastic steak here, in the restaurant upstairs called "The Big Apple"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭celt262

tweety76 wrote: »
    I visited Cavan Town about 2 months ago and stumbled upon The Black Horse, had a fantastic steak here, in the restaurant upstairs called "The Big Apple"

Big apple wont be open on a monday evening though, but the menu is available in the Black Horse.

celt262 wrote: »
    Big apple wont be open on a monday evening though, but the menu is available in the Black Horse.

Thanks guys, Monday is a tricky night to eat out all right!!

Ben

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

+1 on the blackhorse - hard to beat.

I guess the Blackhorse is the only place open on a Monday night then??

Anywhere you'd recommend for a few pints and a bit of craic on a Monday night? Where do all the restaurant staff go for pints on their night off?? ;)

Ben

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭iverjohnston

Hi there, I would try "The Oak Room" first, ask for Norbet. Great chef.
    Mack in Cavan

Advertisement