Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why is it so wrong to revive dead threads?

• 01-03-2012 10:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭

I mean posting in threads that have been inactive for any longer than say 4 months.

I've seen successful threads that were brought back and had a few more interesting posts, so I don't know why it should be discouraged?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Opening pointless threads is almost as bad

• Registered Users Posts: 12,926 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

I really don't know. I don't see anything wrong with it either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Mental note:- must bump this in a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Depends on whether the thread is still relevant, or the post is relevant to the thread.
    Some people raise anachronistic threads.
    That is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Pacifist Pigeon

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

There are a few which keep getting bumped, the manflu thread and what book you are reading ATM, springs to mind, I don't see why there isn't more, like what you seen in the cinema or DVD would be another handy one to have, a thread that would give you an indication how good/bad a film is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

I read this as "Why is it so wrong to receive death threats"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

I guess because of the confusion it can cause where people start arguing with an OP that's probably off in a retirement home somewhere now.

Then eventually the thread turns into a tone of posts where people are LOLing about a zombie thread thus...all decent discussion is gone...

Still there are times I see it, see its a nice topic and something I might wanna read further but things get locked and I'm all...:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

It's like Necrophilia, dead boring.
    Let the dead rest in peace...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

karaokeman wrote: »
    I mean posting in threads that have been inactive for any longer than say 4 months.

I've seen successful threads that were brought back and had a few more interesting posts, so I don't know why it should be discouraged?

Why is it so wrong to put your hand down your jeans, scratch and adjust yourself, remove the hand from your jeans and have a little smell. :confused:
    I don't make the rules, I just choose to ignore them. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

It isn't always wrong. Some ***** just love locking threads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Because the forum would close if topics weren't repeated every few weeks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

galwayrush wrote: »
    Please fück me when I'm dead.

Strange post, but okay.

Advertisement