Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bamboo producers in Ireland

Options
  • 01-03-2012 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where I can get 60mm - 100mm bamboo shoots in Ireland? It's for an environment project and needs to be home grown.
    Cheers
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭evilmonkee

On Santry Avenue (the corner at ballymun) there is a sign for a bamboo producer.. The sign isnt visable on google maps but its at this location (B).

Bamboo is growing around some of the office buildings out at citywest too, if that's any use to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,339 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Just interested...how can bamboo be home grown? It is not even remotely indigenous to Ireland, or even europe, so how far back do you have to go for it to be home grown? How is something like bamboo relevant to an environment project in Ireland? Not trying to make waves, just a bit intrigued :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

I need a light weight material for the base of a structure that my team and I and designing. Bamboo just came to mind. I heard of a few farms in the midlands and was wondering if there were suppliers locally.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,339 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Oh, so you are looking for harvested bamboo rather than rootstock? You might look in building/ diy etc as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 RockyTwoArms

• Advertisement
Advertisement