Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calleary New Deputy Leader of FF

Options
  • 01-03-2012 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭

Looks like DC is a shoo in for depity leader of FF.....Miriam ribbed him on Prime Time and he was also flagged in the Indo today.

Not sure if the timing is right for him. Plus Mary Lou wiped his eye on Prime Time, she had a good go at Rabbette and put him on the back foot. Calleary looked like he was caught like a Rabbit in the headlights (pardon the pun).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

finisklin wrote: »
    Looks like DC is a shoo in for depity leader of FF.....Miriam ribbed him on Prime Time and he was also flagged in the Indo today.

Not sure if the timing is right for him. Plus Mary Lou wiped his eye on Prime Time, she had a good go at Rabbette and put him on the back foot. Calleary looked like he was caught like a Rabbit in the headlights (pardon the pun).

he was deputy leader before and i was going to stick money on this.

jesus he is 4/1 to be the next leader never mind deputy leader.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Ya, with the wipe out of more senior 'talent', there are not so many more in the running.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

The night Enda was elected in Castlebar I overheard an older gentleman remark that there were in fact two Taoisigh elected that night. Delighted for Dara if this does come to fruition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

IMHO it's too early for him......plus he is tainted with the sins of the last administration.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

Not sure i would want to be the captain or first mate of a sinking ship. He has a good base of supporters in mayo and perhaps he should considder going independent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

Doubt he'd have the gumption to do that Oldtree. FF is in his blood going way back.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭neiphin

Ilovelucy wrote: »
    The night Enda was elected in Castlebar I overheard an older gentleman remark that there were in fact two Taoisigh elected that night. Delighted for Dara if this does come to fruition.

did you see him yahooing behind mehole
    a country bumkin,

Calleary's reaction to Bertie's presence at the FF Ard Feis, from the The Independent;

Asked at one point by a reporter if he would go over and "say hello to Bertie", a clearly taken-aback Dara Calleary bluntly exclaimed "f**k", turned on his well-heeled shoe and headed in the opposite direction.

Nabbed with his trousers down :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

He has the persona of an AXE MURDERER..............wrong choice.

• Advertisement

Fresh from Mayo Today....

Young Mayo Barrister Lisa Chambers from Castlebar has been elected as Vice President of Fianna Fáil. The 25-year-old from Castlebar, who was a Fianna Fáil candidate in Mayo in the last general election, was elected by delegates at the party’s Ard Fheis in the RDS in Dublin at the weekend.

Ms Chambers joins Ballina TD Dara Calleary, who was also re-appointed as Honorary Secretary on the Fianna Fáil Ard Comhairle. Mayo accountant, Henry Cleary, was also elected to the Committee of Twenty on the Ard Comhairle and Ballina Fina Fail stalwart, Carmel Hughes was also honoured by the Party.

“It is a wonderful honour to be chosen by Fianna Fáil members to represent them on the party’s National Executive. I will be a voice for the younger Fianna Fáil members, representing their views on the party’s governing body.

“For the first time, there were more women than men elected this weekend. Four out of five of the party’s new Vice Presidents are female, while half of the newly-elected Committee of Twenty members are also female. This is a testament to the calibre of the female candidates and a true sign of Fianna Fáil’s real commitment to reform. We are committed to radically increasing female participation in politics, and the Ard Comhairle will lead the way.”
    Mayo accountant

Mayo accountant Henry Cleary was also elected to the Committee of Twenty on the Ard Comhairle, beating off stiff competition from a record number of candidates this year. The Secretarty of the PJ Rutledge Cumann Carmel Hughes was also honoured with an award for outstanding long service at a ceremony in the RDS on Saturday night.

Local TD Dara Calleary said, “My congratulations goes to Lisa Chambers and Henry Cleary on their success and to Carmel Hughes for the recognition she received for her years of service to Fianna Fáil in Ballina.

“More than 4,000 Fianna Fáil members from communities across the country attended the 73rd Fianna Fáil Ard Fheis at the weekend. There was overwhelming support for plans to change how the party does its business. Delegates unanimously passed a motion to move to a one-member-one-vote system, which means that every single member of Fianna Fáil will now have an input in party business.

“The positive atmosphere and the energy we saw this weekend is testament to the fact that Fianna Fáil has a strong and vital role to play in the future of Irish politics. I want to thank all of those from Mayo who travelled up to the Ard Fheis and made their voices heard about the future of the party,” said Deputy Calleary.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

finisklin wrote: »
    Fresh from Mayo Today....

Young Mayo Barrister Lisa Chambers from Castlebar has been elected as Vice President of Fianna Fáil. The 25-year-old from Castlebar, who was a Fianna Fáil candidate in Mayo in the last general election, was elected by delegates at the party’s Ard Fheis in the RDS in Dublin at the weekend.

Ms Chambers joins Ballina TD Dara Calleary, who was also re-appointed as Honorary Secretary on the Fianna Fáil Ard Comhairle. Mayo accountant, Henry Cleary, was also elected to the Committee of Twenty on the Ard Comhairle and Ballina Fina Fail stalwart, Carmel Hughes was also honoured by the Party.

“It is a wonderful honour to be chosen by Fianna Fáil members to represent them on the party’s National Executive. I will be a voice for the younger Fianna Fáil members, representing their views on the party’s governing body.

“For the first time, there were more women than men elected this weekend. Four out of five of the party’s new Vice Presidents are female, while half of the newly-elected Committee of Twenty members are also female. This is a testament to the calibre of the female candidates and a true sign of Fianna Fáil’s real commitment to reform. We are committed to radically increasing female participation in politics, and the Ard Comhairle will lead the way.”
    Mayo accountant

Mayo accountant Henry Cleary was also elected to the Committee of Twenty on the Ard Comhairle, beating off stiff competition from a record number of candidates this year. The Secretarty of the PJ Rutledge Cumann Carmel Hughes was also honoured with an award for outstanding long service at a ceremony in the RDS on Saturday night.

Local TD Dara Calleary said, “My congratulations goes to Lisa Chambers and Henry Cleary on their success and to Carmel Hughes for the recognition she received for her years of service to Fianna Fáil in Ballina.

“More than 4,000 Fianna Fáil members from communities across the country attended the 73rd Fianna Fáil Ard Fheis at the weekend. There was overwhelming support for plans to change how the party does its business. Delegates unanimously passed a motion to move to a one-member-one-vote system, which means that every single member of Fianna Fáil will now have an input in party business.

“The positive atmosphere and the energy we saw this weekend is testament to the fact that Fianna Fáil has a strong and vital role to play in the future of Irish politics. I want to thank all of those from Mayo who travelled up to the Ard Fheis and made their voices heard about the future of the party,” said Deputy Calleary.

jesus thought i threw all my money down the drain until i seen vice president.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Motorist

Calleary the snake elected to deputy leader of maFFia. That's just where someone as useless and incompetent as Mr Bean should be.

Advertisement