Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Custom form/fields within Wordpress

• 02-03-2012 12:04am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 86 ✭✭

I am new to Wordpress and I am trying to build a new website. I downloaded a theme and I am using a WP-ecommerce plugin.

When uploading product details I have the option to include a free-text box where the customer can write details.

However I want to add a custom form/fields to replace this free-text box.

I have built a form using Formbuilder, which easily installs on each page (except the Products Page :confused:)

The plug-in has provided the HTML code and instructions to "simply add the following code to your template in the location where you want the form to appear"

How can I find this location?
    Would really appreciate if someone could help me out. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

It could be tricky to align your Formbuilder form with your custom fields (or it could be easy - I haven't used Formbuilder).

The way I'd go about this is I'd look for a hook in the ecommerce plugin that allows you add your code to the product page. If you bought it, the authors might be able to provide support.

If not, then you might be resigned to actually editing the plugin itself - search the plugin code for where the free-text box is output and add your form code there. Rename the plugin so it doesn't get auto-updated (you'll need to manually merge updates).

Bit messy - best of luck with it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 86 ✭✭pennypitstop

Bit messy alright, but we will get it :-)

Advertisement