Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mortgage broker in kilkenny

Options
  • 02-03-2012 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a mortgage broker in Kilkenny? I'm a potential first time buyer, thinking of taking the plunge.

In these post boom times are they still free or do they charge a fee now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭foxcoverteddy

Hi yep good honest man Fran Grincell, Dean St, corner of land going to St Canices, no bull****, trust him with me life, just ask for Fran

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

Hi yep good honest man Fran Grincell, Dean St, corner of land going to St Canices, no bull****, trust him with me life, just ask for Fran

Fran is an estate agent, is he a mortgage broker?

OP AIB were open for business for us (I'm a BOI customer), they are the only ones still doing 92% for FTB too if that's a plus for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Most mortgage brokers are out of business since the property market collapsed and it became infinitely more difficult to get a mortgage. There might be a few still trading in KK but I don't know of any.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭Glebee

I used a broker recently. They were based in Dublin but the lad I delt with was based in Kilkenny and covered the Leinster area. Will send on PM later when I find the details..

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

I found mortgage brokers that I went to see very pushy, trying to get me to take out more money and over a longer period than I needed (40 years:eek:) and this was in 2005/2006. We were building a house by direct labour so there was not really a fixed price to take the mortage out on. I ended up taking a day off work and going to all the banks myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

Mollyd90 wrote: »
    I found mortgage brokers that I went to see very pushy, trying to get me to take out more money and over a longer period than I needed (40 years:eek:) and this was in 2005/2006. We were building a house by direct labour so there was not really a fixed price to take the mortage out on. I ended up taking a day off work and going to all the banks myself.

How times change:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭femur61

Have to second that but thought he was an estate agent not a mortgage broker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭foxcoverteddy

Hi, Fran will give you pukka advice on who to go to, trust him, if he can't help he will say sol. Okay and good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 6 cillillo

We bought a house last year, first time buyer, we went to IMS Ormonde road I think it is the only one left in kilkenny as broker. I can tell you that we would have not bought the house without them!! Banks at the moment are really demanding, they ask every little document and they check everything about your financial and not! life. Our process took almost a year and they were there all the time. There is a guy called Padraig and a girl Maraid. Padraid does the talk, he is the expert and maybe? the owner and she does the paper work. She is brilliant too, she is really qualified. We went there and we sometimes say that without them our stress level would have been higher that it was. The cost was around 400 euro but was last year,so i don't know now but it was all worth it and you only pay at the end. they sell as well home insurance and life insurance. But we went for really!! the basic and we did not feel pushed. That's my experience but I know there is a famous broker in waterford too. If you want the name I'll ask my husband and come back to you. I personally found it was better to be local because sometimes you get a call and you have to provide a document quickly and my husband just walk down to them. Good Luck with your house!! When it is finished it is nice to have it!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

2nd post, hmm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 caoimhghin72

Suspicious people....! said 'husband' here.. and can verify above post and not affiliated in anyway.

(Everyone here at some stage was at a "2nd post" stage, no?)

Advertisement