Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Amazing Spider-Man

• 02-03-2012 12:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭

Was gonna wait a while longer to start a thread on this but just saw that Stan Lee will be a playable character, thats all kinds of awesome! well as long as it's just a skin like CVG think.

Anyway, this is out in June and looks like it's going back to the Spiderman 2 days (best of the series imo) I hated SM 3 and didn't play any of those new games that had no free roam. As long as they have SM 2 swinging mechanics i'll be happy.

the-amazing-spider-man-game-city-01-27-12-1.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Im an awful sucker for movie games, their my guilty pleasure. I am sad to say I have played and cleared both Iron man games.... Feels good to finally get that off my chest.

Anyway, web of shadows wasnt too bad, had some nice marvel tie ins, didnt take itself too seriously and felt more like a proper marvel game.
    Two things about this one that annoy me though.... the city looks dead and lifeless, very little going on and what IS there seems really artificial... then there is the giant robot that roars like a dinosaur, I mean really like? Did this game actually need this?

Im looking forward to playing spidy again, swinging around and stopping stolen bank vans - thats cool. Not looking forward to having to fight ridiculous non cannon villans that are essentially just fodder, wave after wave of fodder. Urgh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Haven't played a Spidy game since web of shadows, which I loved. That screen shot reminds me of Mirrors Edge, if it wasn't for spidermans head on the right lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I've got this problem- I'll play anything with the words Spider-Man on the cover, regardless of whether or not it's actually good. Luckily enough, they are usually great fun. I'll look forward to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

deathrider wrote: »
    I've got this problem- I'll play anything with the words Spider-Man on the cover, regardless of whether or not it's actually good. Luckily enough, they are usually great fun. I'll look forward to this.
    I used to be like you until I took a spiderman three to the playstation 2 :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Shattered Dimensions was a cool game, but too linear; I prefer open world Spidey. Haven't played Edge of Time yet, but the reviews weren't too kind! I hope Amazing is as good as 2, I really enjoyed that game!

• Advertisement

I used to be like you until I took a spiderman three to the playstation 2 :pac:

Surprisingly enough, I didn't play that one. Don't intend to either.
    Mr. K wrote: »
    Shattered Dimensions was a cool game, but too linear; I prefer open world Spidey. Haven't played Edge of Time yet, but the reviews weren't too kind! I hope Amazing is as good as 2, I really enjoyed that game!

I thought Shattered Dimensions was great. Reminded me of Spider-Man 2: Enter Electro on PS1 (which was also a great game). I think I've had enough free roam Spidey games though. Since they are always based in New York City, they often taste a little too samey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Nice little preview on CVG. I like the sound of the indoor fights ala arkham city/asylum.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/339909/previews/the-amazing-spider-man-taking-cues-from-the-batman/?page=2

New trailer out today as well:

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Nice little preview on CVG. I like the sound of the indoor fights ala arkham city/asylum.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/339909/previews/the-amazing-spider-man-taking-cues-from-the-batman/?page=2

New trailer out today as well:

Firstly, I want this game... NOW!!
    Secondly, I don't remember there being an iguana in the comics :confused:

Well from the preview it says the game takes place right after the film ends (and since the game is coming out first, I'm gonna wait to watch the film before picking this up) and Ozcorp has been experimenting on mixing human and animal dna so I'd say the iguana was created and I'm sure doc connors gets an updated form of it to become the lizard.

Well from the preview it says the game takes place right after the film ends (and since the game is coming out first, I'm gonna wait to watch the film before picking this up) and Ozcorp has been experimenting on mixing human and animal dna so I'd say the iguana was created and I'm sure doc connors gets an updated form of it to become the lizard.

Makes sense.

• Advertisement

Huge Bio on The Iguana on IGN

http://www.ign.com/wikis/the-amazing-spider-man-game/Iguana?objectid=120284

Apparently he is Connors pet iguana Iggy that has gone through a lot of experiments. Also, it shows the comic cover that the Iguana appeared in in 1979.

Huge Bio on The Iguana on IGN

http://www.ign.com/wikis/the-amazing-spider-man-game/Iguana?objectid=120284

Apparently he is Connors pet iguana Iggy that has gone through a lot of experiments. Also, it shows the comic cover that the Iguana appeared in in 1979.

Ah, cool. I've been reading the comics for a long time, but I've never seen an appearance by him, or indeed ever heard of him. But then again, I wasn't around in 1979, lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Folks we have a cover.. Looks awesome

boxart.jpg

Class cover but I hate the ps Move logo. Just means precious dev time went to that gimmicky sh#t instead of focusing on the core gameplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,270 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Will be interesting to see how they deal with web cartridges...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Liam O wrote: »

Wasn't there and old Spiderman game were you take pictures of your opponents and sell them to the daily bugle in order to get money to buying web? Spiderman vs the Kingpin on the Megadrive I think?

Ya would be class if you could take pics of webbed enemies again.

Liam O wrote: »
    according to beenox there will be a short animation of replacing them

536246_10150620396954599_85581019598_9156648_1333532380_n.jpg
    401190_10150563474049599_85581019598_8947102_262519198_n.jpg
    417047_10150563474164599_85581019598_8947104_1860718663_n.jpg
    417266_10150563474294599_85581019598_8947105_155103513_n.jpg
    420715_10150571019954599_85581019598_8977644_564034514_n.jpg
    541867_10150626587629599_85581019598_9177418_445544705_n.jpg
    483640_10150608973284599_85581019598_9118027_588938984_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Class cover but I hate the ps Move logo. Just means precious dev time went to that gimmicky sh#t instead of focusing on the core gameplay.

sucks for you, but there are plenty of us that do care about that 'gimmick'

mystic86 wrote: »
    sucks for you, but there are plenty of us that do care about that 'gimmick'

Ya but way more that don't care. I think all that waving stuff around should be kept to the wii and their new yoke but thats just my opinion.

Bit strange this is being released before the film, I guess it doesn't give away much stuff from the film, hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Looks cool. If it captures the fun and graceful controls of Spiderman 2 on ps2 I'll definitely pick it up. I loved that game so much. And it was ahead of it's time

The Iguana trailer is definitely better than the first one I think. I'll keep my eye on this

Definitely, really hope it's like SM2 but won't get my hopes up. I can't believe no SM game after that utilised the swinging mechanics in that, def best of the series.

New interview with Dee Brown, head of Beenox, regarding the game

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

^^^ Eh I was Spiderman in Spiderman 2, not a "puppet master".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Haven't really played a spiderman game since Spiderman 2 but this one has piqued my interest. Lets hope they nail it

^^^ Eh I was Spiderman in Spiderman 2, not a "puppet master".

So true!! Free falling off a sky scraper about to hit the ground made me hold my breath, before zipping back up into the sky. Brilliant feeling playing a PS2 game.

jpcarlow wrote: »

Peter will once again have his camera in this game. You will be able to take a picture of anything in the game and save it to a digital album. Taking pictures of certain objects, or even villains, will unlock special features. Peter will also have to use the camera on missions to prove that Oscorp or other villains are up to no good.

YESSSS!!

yes Gwen is very much present in our game
    you are quickly introduced to it but more stuff gets added as you progress
    good question, never actually counted but there are a lot! The collectables in Manhattan unlock the coolest things...
    only characters confirmed right now are Gwen, Dr. Connors, Rhino, Iguana, and Peter of course
    There are many different upgrades. My favorite one is when you immediately web a guy on the wall if he's standing next to it
    we've given some pretty unique moves to Spider-Man in this game. The web rush allows you to trigger some pretty cool moves.
    We're working on getting you gameplay footage (assuming you mean uncut) but can't confirm when it will be out
    Spider-Man suit takes damage in a very realistic way. It DOESN'T regenerate (nonsense) - you have to go back to appt
    @LtCoolDee Can you go to the statue of liberty in ASM?
    @YannickSchwarz unfortunately, no as all love and focus went to Manhattan
    some updates
    will add more as they appear

The web swing in The Amazing Spider-Man is completely unique compared to past game, an incredible blend of speed and vertigo
    i asked : will the comic collectibles be strictly from "Amazing" or will they include the other series?
    can't answer this one just yet...
    Can't remember if there's a 100% complete achievement in The Amazing Spider-Man but I remember what the in-game reward is...
    Unfortunately no avatar items this time around
    Working hard to get you gameplay footage ASAP but have no idea how soon this will be
    No swimming or chess playing in The Amazing Spider-Man, just pure web swinging awesomeness
    One of my favorite thing is actually to WEB RUSH on an helicopter and just hang there, enjoy the view,take some pictures

MP in future games
    Actually yes, it's something that could be cool in a future game with multiple dimensions (such as Shattered Dimensions)
    Activision tasked us to do Spider-Man games. That's it. From there, we're free to go in any direction to make the best games

custom music feature
    Thank you for the feedback actually, not sure it will make it in this one but what about the future ? Who knows
    You can't hand them to street lamps but you can have a lot of fun hanging them to the ceiling or webbing them on walls
    Navigation is adapted to be best in indoor and outdoor sections - web swinging for example is completely different
    Yes and incredibly cool! You'll feel like Spider-Man like never before. In our game, YOU are Spider-Man.

RE extras for havin SD or EOT save files
    interesting... thanks for pointing this out, let me find out about this on Monday...
    Actually, The Amazing Spider-Man mechanics have pretty much been redesigned from scratch to give you something fresh
    Marvel/Sony made sure we're OK story wise-you can always see the movie first but make sure to pre-order-the exclusive stuff is...
    Web swinging isn't upgradable in The Amazing Spider-Man - you get the awesome experience right out of the gate
    We have plenty of explosions but no rain, no
    In our game, Spider-Man is helping the police and no, they aren't after Spidey.
    The belt was added to offer "realistic" treatment of the webshooters (via auto reload anim) without compromising gameplay
    nope to rude words
    no as we wanted to focus on giving you an awesome single player experience, make you feel like Spidey like never before
    ^RE multiplayer and coop
    yes, side missions in Manhattan will still be available once you beat the game
    Yes, unlockable costumes have been recreated with a more realistic look but I wouldn't go as far as "redesigned"
    In The Amazing Spider-Man, you'll be able to perform Stealth takedowns both inside and outside and there are some cool upgrades...

Diff between TASM and SM3 in open world
    hard to summarize an answer for that one - you'll get a better sense of this when we'll release more footage
    Iguana and Rhino are the only extra characters we've announced yet
    Yes, more villains will be revealed in the near future...the coolest thing is that we get to reinvent their origin with Marvel
    When The Amazing Spider-Man is complete you get to hang around Manhattan, finish side missions, even select time of day
    Too hard to say - Spider-Man has a mechanical speed and unique navigation that force us to compromise some
    in reply to "By comparison, the size of the open world can be compared to: Half that of GTA4? Full? Mafia2? Prototype?"
    The Amazing Spider-Man combat system does have similarity with it but adds a lot of unique stuff including SIGNATURE MOVES!
    ^ combat similarity to AA and AC
    You won't be able to knock enemies off buildings, Spidey wouldn't allow that without reacting.
    There's no blood except on Spidey when badly injured.

villains mix obscure or well known
    I would say a nice mix of both

i asked if any of the new costumes are only new to beenox, or all spidey games
    I'm pretty sure that several of them have never made it into ANY Spider-Man game
    You will have a Spider-Sense in the Amazing Spider-Man that will automatically trigger to warn you of incoming danger
    WEB RUSH also allows you to tap into your Spider-Sense and quickly select a destination or action and do something spectacular
    Actually no as we are using the belt to allow you to automatically reload your web shooters and never run out
    photo missions are available both in manhattan and in indoor levels and always as side missions in the amazing spider-man game
    you can web swing at the very last second, just above cars (one of the greatest feeling in The Amazing Spider-Man)gives you vertigo
    Gwen is an integral part of the story so I can't reveal much as to her role or how we interact with her in The Amazing Spider-Man
    Manhattan in the Amazing Spider-Man: balance between realism and what's best for gameplay - several NYC landmarks like Times Square
    No demo has been released or announced for The Amazing Spider-Man (yes, I know you'd like one - not as easy as it looks )
    Unfortunately, I don't believe we are supporting custom music tracks-want to fit the right music with narrative context
    Stan Lee as a playable character in The Amazing Spider-Man: yeah, I've heard rumors about that... I, for one, would love that
    Dr. Connors will have a role in The Amazing Spider-Man game, yes
    With all the unlockables and cool surprises, yes, there's certainly a lot of replay value to The Amazing Spider-Man game
    Actually almost all scenes are actually rendered in-engine, most with mocap - allows us to keep you always in the action
    "That person" that you see in the Iguana and Rhino trailer has not been revealed yet... care to venture a guess?(nice catch)
    Don't know for sure yet when the new trailer for The Amazing Spider-Man will be ready for reveal
    Webs attaching: lot of internal debates about this - went for what we feel is best balance between realism and gameplay
    Yes, you will be able to unlock several pieces of concept art of The Amazing Spider-Man, through Photo missions and challenges
    yes, coming as soon as possible
    <<<<referring to webswinging vids
    A Spider-Man game without jokes and taunts here and there? How would that even be possible?
    Can't confirm out many alternate costumes in The Amazing Spider-Man just yet but there will be never-before-seen costumes
    We'll get you a WEB RUSH trailer for The Amazing Spider-Man soon and I'd love to get a combat & stealth trailer out too
    See trailers for a feeling of the 360 version. 3DS will have most of the levels but altered to fit the console tech specs
    Spider-Man 2 was awesome as it offered gamers a fresh new Spidey experience - we're aiming for similar innovation
    No Collector Edition has been announced at the moment
    The utility belt in The Amazing Spider-Man is used to recharge his webshooters-you never run out but there's an auto reload anim
    We have not announced any VO actors for The Amazing Spider-Man just yet but we have some fan favorites in there no worries
    The Amazing Spider-Man will feature several additional "skins" which will include some that have never made it before
    We redid Manhattan for ASM and we believe we have found a good balance between realism and gameplay
    Why Amazing? web swing experience is just incredible, Manhattan, the Web Rush, Combat & Stealth
    Pre-order bonuses and DLC (yes, there will be DLC!) will be announced later, can't be more precise
    Thanks! In your apartment, you can revisit any indoor level you've previously been to to complete it at 100% (unlock cool stuff)
    We're not yet at the launch party - we're focusing on squeezing in as much cool stuff as possible until launch on 6/26!
    What I can say is that I'm confident that this can revolutionize the way gamers think about so called "movie games"
    The Amazing Spider-Man has been developed to be an AWESOME game on its own, not a "movie game"That's why we've set the story after the movie
    Photography will be part of The Amazing Spider-Man, yes! You have photo missions, clues to find in levels, in Manhattan - Photography (continued): it will allow you to unlock bios of enemies, concept art, and all sort of cool stuff
    Photography (continued2): finally, you can take photos at will just for fun of anything and save them in a virtual photo album

• Advertisement

Lads, did any of ye play Shattered Dimensions, Edge of Time, Web of Shadows? I skipped all of these as none really looked like SM 2. Are they any good?

Advertisement