Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Amazing Spider-Man

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

judging by beenox cv i dunno how this is going to turn out , reviewers bashed edge of time but shattered dimensions got decent reviews , suppose its all down to time they had got to work on the game , but this looks amazing (lol) so far .

I played both of them, they failed to realise that people who play Spiderman games want a world to swing around... This one has a free roam mechanic which makes me happy. :pac:

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

judging by beenox cv i dunno how this is going to turn out , reviewers bashed edge of time but shattered dimensions got decent reviews , suppose its all down to time they had got to work on the game , but this looks amazing (lol) so far .

I think they said the development time was something around 2 years which can only be good. Looks top notch in my opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

New pic
    2w7h98j.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

jpcarlow wrote: »
    New pic[/IMG]

Looks nice but why does he looks like he's wearing silver sandals?

I'll admit i've never looked at his feet before but is that costume design based on the movie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'll admit i've never looked at his feet before but is that costume design based on the movie?

Yeah, copied from the film, they are like runners or 'tackies' I think

• Advertisement

Yep they're a pair of modified (outsole been changed in other words) Asic Dirt dog 3's. It's to add to the whole idea of the costume being something a teenager could make. I like their look
    PHAqcMeYkHl0DH_1_m.jpg
    New_Amazing_Spider_Man_Set_Photos_Show_Off_Andrew_Garfield_The_Costume_1304641799.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1304643181231
    amazingspideyewofficial4.jpg
    IMAG0127.jpg

oh man, so want a pair of spidermans tackies!

Cant find them in that colour (yet) but here ya go

http://www.amazon.com/ASICS-GEL-Dirt-Dog-Track-Field/dp/B0028N7BMC

ah they have to be red & blue or GTFO.:D Looking more forward to the spiderman film than dark knight rises.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    ah they have to be red & blue or GTFO.:D Looking more forward to the spiderman film than dark knight rises.
    Same, then again i'm a complete spidey nut

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

I'm assuming that they will release them. Then I can become a freerunner and build some web blasters. :D

Corkfeen wrote: »
    I'm assuming that they will release them. Then I can become a freerunner and build some web blasters. :D
    way ahead of u ;)

Found this for you guys :)

The game looks awesome, shame it's a new player playing it and not a beenox staff member....the new player doesnt do it justice

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

I dislike how the webs dot stick to anything when he's swinging

Graphics look class but yeah, don't like how it looks like you are swinging from the sky. I'd prefer to see where the webs are sticking to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

I suppose it has to be like that in order to get from A to B quickly as would take a bit of time to actually aim at each building etc in order to build up your momentum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

I suppose it has to be like that in order to get from A to B quickly as would take a bit of time to actually aim at each building etc in order to build up your momentum.

Don't need to aim, just have a real building for the web to stick to.

That was part of the challenge in Spider-Man 2. You could find yourself in a crappy route with f*ck all to swing from. But that was part of what made it so good.

I dislike how the webs dot stick to anything when he's swinging
    Graphics look class but yeah, don't like how it looks like you are swinging from the sky. I'd prefer to see where the webs are sticking to.
    But if you notice for the most part the person is having spidey swing above the buildings, realistically where would they stick?

Dee Brown has stated that the webbing will stick to buildings where it makes sense to, but in situations where it would slow/hinder gameplay or in this case where someone is swinging above the buildings then they will use artifical anchor points

I'm excited for this game, i just need to see a video of someone from beenox who isnt completely new to the game playing it so we get a decent preview of the features.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I just want this to be Spider-Man 2 for this generation of consoles. The way Spidey moved in that game was very slick and it had a good learning curve.

I remember using Spider-Sense to dodge Doc Ock's attacks at the end of the game and it felt very cool. If Amazing captures that sense of being Spidey, it could live up to its name!

The E3 trailer has been leaked early

I honestly think this game will come to be as loved (if not more so) as Spider-man 2. I think Beenox has it in them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

jpcarlow wrote: »
    The E3 trailer has been leaked early

I honestly think this game will come to be as loved (if not more so) as Spider-man 2. I think Beenox has it in them

I have to say, that looks f*cking great. If the only complaint is where the web is attached to it will still be a great game :D

I'm like Mr. K though, I can't help comparing that aspect of it. For example, in that trailer you catch a glimpse of Central Park, where you basically couldn't swing in SM2 cause the trees were so low. I can't help but wonder in this will you just be swinging through it on invisible anchor points :confused:
    If so that's a bit lame

So, this is out in 2 weeks but the more I see, the less excited I am for it. I'm still going to get it in hopes I can relive the SM2 days but we'll see. Read a bad bit of news that if you jump off a building, you can't splat on the ground. Instead he will auto web shoot away to safety. I think thats crap! Yeah, it's more realistic but completely takes away the fear of free falling that you got in SM 2.

Edit: Just reading the trophies/achievements for the game and i'm actually looking forward to it again :) except for this one

Collected all 700 Spider-Man Comic Pages :eek:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/the-amazing-spider-man/achievements/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,962 ✭✭✭✭Penn

In fairness, how many Riddler trophies/riddles/smashables etc were there in Batman Arkham City?

I'd just hope some of the comic pages are difficult to collect and offer a bit of a challenge rather than just running and collecting them from rooftops etc

400 and I don't want to talk about them any more :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,191 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

So, this is out in 2 weeks but the more I see, the less excited I am for it. I'm still going to get it in hopes I can relive the SM2 days but we'll see. Read a bad bit of news that if you jump off a building, you can't splat on the ground. Instead he will auto web shoot away to safety. I think thats crap! Yeah, it's more realistic but completely takes away the fear of free falling that you got in SM 2.

Edit: Just reading the trophies/achievements for the game and i'm actually looking forward to it again :) except for this one

Collected all 700 Spider-Man Comic Pages :eek:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/the-amazing-spider-man/achievements/

Hopefully that's just an option for young kids or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,962 ✭✭✭✭Penn

400 and I don't want to talk about them any more :(

Haha. I actually enjoyed collecting them all, mainly because some of them were difficult to get. Being able to have the locations marked on the maps by interrogating Riddler baddies helped too.

At least with 700 comic pages, that'd also be something you could look at rather than just collecting it for the sake of collecting it.

Yeah, very true. Will be class to read full comics in game. It will def motivate me to collect em anyway. The fighting looks like it took a leaf out of Batman Arkham's system, which I think has one the best fighting systems in any game today, so can only be a good thing.

Yeah, very true. Will be class to read full comics in game. It will def motivate me to collect em anyway. The fighting looks like it took a leaf out of Batman Arkham's system, which I think has one the best fighting systems in any game today, so can only be a good thing.
    i think it makes more sense in this game though, as in it makes more sense for Spider-man to know that the guy 5 feet behind him is gonna attack etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

The E3 demo has him falling from a height and landing with a thud, but didn't lose any health, I think. Kind of like Arkham City. I can barely remember SM2. Did you have to time your web swinging to keep the rhythm going?

Advertisement