Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Amazing Spider-Man

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Real shame, This game has gone from top of my "must buy list" to the much less enviable "will play at some time" list. At least there's plenty of company for it on that list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

So, anyone getting this today? I'm still undecided.

After reading the GT review, it all looks very simple but then I saw 'attack
    Smythe's
    robots' and think I haven't heard of him in ages and want to get this just for the Spidey universe.

Found this info on the suits and how to unlock them

Movie Suit w/o Belt - When you reach the apartment
    Classic Movie Suit - Download Any DLC
    Vigilante Suit - Hardee's or Carl's Jr Code
    Movie Black Suit - 100% (Not the classic movie black suit)
    Cross-Species - Beat the game
    Birthday Hat - Only in August to celebrate 50 years
    Scarlet Spider - Available 7/1
    Classic Movie Black Suit - Available 7/8
    Black Future Foundation Suit - Available 7/15
    Big Time Suit - Available 7/22
    Negative Zone Suit - Available 7/29

http://i.imgur.com/K93c8.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/d5qwA.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/RqYYE.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/ZGV8R.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

sheehy83 wrote: »
    then I saw 'attack
    Smythe's
    robots' and think I haven't heard of him in ages

He was in the comics early last year, hunting
    Jonah. He also gave Mac Gargan a fancy new Scorpion suit, after the government took the Venom symbiote

Yeah, I'll be picking this up later. It won't be as high quality as Arkham City, but...Spidey! And that Scarlet Spider costume really seals the deal.

Mr. K wrote: »
    He was in the comics early last year, hunting
    Jonah. He also gave Mac Gargan a fancy new Scorpion suit, after the government took the Venom symbiote

Yeah, I'll be picking this up later. It won't be as high quality as Arkham City, but...Spidey! And that Scarlet Spider costume really seals the deal.

I haven't been keeping up with the spidey comics lately. Once I finish The Walking Dead, I plan on going through all the spidey graphic novels.

Yeah, thats it, gonna get it as well today. Will give me a chance to catch up on the comics as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

So just to clarify the whole movie spoiler thing, could someone who has the game confirm if there are any major spoilers in the game?

If its just a case of giving away who lives and who dies, then I could live with that as its fairly obvious who's gonna survive the movie anyway.

• Advertisement

Well 2 seconds in I find out how the film ends, I think. I start in manhattan,and ps3 freezes, hope its not a regular thing

Man the swinging mechanics are f#cking boring!! Hold R2 and thats it. Manhattan looks great and it seems wasted with this simplicity. Enjoying the game though although spidey really deserves the grown up treatmemt batman got.

EDIT:

Just saw the DLC on the PSN store. The packs are 2.99 euro but there is a free Vigilante costume you can get, spose to be the same one he has in the film. And the other costumes will have an emblem around manhattan every week that you take a picture of and unlock the costume but someone already confirmed you can change the date on your calander to unlock them early.

Oh and I can't believe the little dig they give Batman after stealing so much of it's gameplay.
    Connors "Morbius wanted to experiment with bats"
    Spidey "Don't worry doc, there is no 'batman', that would just be rediculous"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

The web swinging is no fun. I thought even if the game wasn't great it's always fun to web swing around the city but they've gotten it so wrong in this game. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,962 ✭✭✭✭Penn

al28283 wrote: »
    The web swinging is no fun. I thought even if the game wasn't great it's always fun to web swing around the city but they've gotten it so wrong in this game. :(

I'm actually really enjoying it. Hoping maybe there's an upgrade for a speed swing, but other than that, I quite like it. I am pressing RT for each swing though rather than just holding it down

get this spidey lience away from bennox 4 spidey games they done only good ones was shattered demenssions game sorry i miss spelled

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I'm quite enjoying this, it's fun. Manhattan is quite dull though, it's too small and lifeless. It really is just a hub to get from mission to mission. I hope they release a Spidey game with a fully mapped out, accurate Manhattan (or all of NYC!).

I got the Scarlet Spider costume, so I'll probably use that for the whole game! To unlock it,
    you need to take a photo of a Spidey symbol in Central Park. There's a road that cuts through the middle, the symbol is beside a bridge on that road

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

tajd wrote: »
    get this spidey lience away from bennox 4 spidey games they done only good ones was shattered demenssions game sorry i miss spelled
    Beenox have only done 3 : shattered dimensions, edge of time and amazing spiderman

As simple as the swinging is, I am really really enjoying this game. Collecting comics is just too addictive and there are tons of stuff to do. I'm glad there is a finite number of side quests as I probably wouldn't bother with them if they were infinite.

Spidey's voice actor is annoying but has some awful script to work with. Costume damage is awful as well, should have left it out.

I like the mix of indoor and outdoor missions and it's great how you can replay each mission and see how many magazines, tech parts, etc. you are missing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

I bought this yesterday morning and i am loving it. Webswinging isnt bothering me at all really. i got spidey free-roamin with a pretty cool webrush system and that works for me :)

I love being able to read the comics, its a great feature and im currently swinging around in the Big Time suit. im aiming for FF and Scarlet Spider now

Playing the game and there is a mental facility patient hugging a tree... still a better love story than Twilight

also i wonder if it is an homage to the meme
    superheroes-batman-superman-is-he-talking-about-the-tree-or-looking-in-a-window.jpg

Finished the game and most of the side missions. Just the infected/escapees to collect, comic books, the two sewer missions and all the collectibles/photos during missions.

Overall, really enjoyed the game, and best Spider-Man game in years. Few gripes though:
    - While the combat borrows heavily from the Batman games, it does so at the expense of web attacks. The web attacks in the game never felt powerful and there weren't enough of them.
    - The camera was fine for the most part, but absolutely terrible once you're on a ceiling. They should have done what they used to have and make the ceiling transparent once you're on it so the camera can see through it.
    - The bosses were unimaginative and boring. By going with just cross-species and robot bosses, they could have no personality. Should have at least had some as side-missions like
    the Black Cat bank mission
    , rather than just hinting at them in the photo missions.
    - The web-retreat was too handy. In some of the missions where Spider-Man even said he cannot be seen, I was seen and just pressed web-retreat twice to hide again. Should have made some missions so if you're seen at all, you fail that mission
    - Air vents. I know the game is borrowing heavily from the Batman games, but come on.... If I ever become a supervillian, first thing I do is block all the air vents.
    - Bar one mission, there's no real sense of urgency in most of the missions.

Overall, enjoyed the game and swinging around the city is a lot of fun. Find myself using Web rush more too, though it can be a bit hit and miss (looks awesome when it's a hit though). Don't even think I'll mind having to collect all the comics.

Also, I got all the bonus costumes (well, the ones you can get by changing the date, haven't gotten the 100% completion or any DLC ones). The Future Foundation one is definitely my favourite. The picture of it from a few pages back doesn't do it justice. Big Time is pretty cool too

Future Foundation is my favourite too, looks amazing as you swing thru the city

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37 petercena

"The NOT SO Amazing Spider man" Sorry guys but this time spidy was not upto the mark.. I miss Tobias Vincent Maguire through out the movie. Story, Climax, Action every thing was below expectation. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Are you talking about the movie? :P

• Advertisement

Are you talking about the movie? :P

Yes :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

petercena wrote: »

take it to the movie forum

al28283 wrote: »
    take it to the movie forum

:eek: sorry ......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I really enjoyed it, thought it was much better than the Rami ones.
    Just a shame they decided to re-do the whole origin story, as that slowed it down quite a bit.

The game I'm actually enjoying quite a bit, it's not perfect (Ceiling crawling, lack of variety in enemies >_<) but it's quite enjoyable. Some of the bigger battles with the
    robots, the giant snake one and the three hunters at once
    were quite fun!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

For those who have cleared the game and seen the film, is there any spoilers from the film? Won't get to see it till next week, so just wondering if i should wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

There are spoilers, as the game is set after the movie, and involves some of the mail characters from the movie.
    I'd hold off playing it till after seeing the movie tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

I can imagine that just after seeing the movie, there would definitely be spoilers in the game. I would be impossible to continue the story without them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Finished it I enjoyed it

Gonna trade It in how much store credit is gamestop giving for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Now that I have seen the movie I want to play the game, lets hope extra vision are renting it out, my local seem pretty selective in their new releases.

• Advertisement

"The NOT SO Amazing Spider man" Sorry guys but this time spidy was not upto the mark.. I miss Tobias Vincent Maguire through out the movie. Story, Climax, Action every thing was below expectation. :eek:
    You also missed the right forum :P

Advertisement