Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer from Uni to I.T?

Options
  • 02-03-2012 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I am currently doing Arts in University. I have deferred this year and am supposed to be starting back in September. But to be honest Im not sure I want to finish my degree. Its not really going to leave me with a qualification in anything I want to do.

Im just wondering if its possible to transfer from 2nd/3rd year of a degree in a Uni to 1st year in an I.T? I know they are completely different but would the fact that Im already doing a third level course help with the application/transfer?
    Or is a transfer even possible?
    I realise I would be starting in a totally new area of study so Id have to go into 1st year, which is fine.

Any advice would be great. Ill contact the colleges but Id be grateful for anyones experience or advice.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

You'll pay full fees for the 1st two years of your new course, something to bear in mind.

Advertisement