Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trying to update to software iOS5.0.1?

• 02-03-2012 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭

It is downloading all the way to the end and just as it says processing file it comes up with this error :
    'The software for this iPhone was corrupted during download. Disconnect and reconnect, then try again. Make sure your network settings are correct and your network connection is active, or try again later'
    (err = 1403)
    I dont understand why it is doing this? At least five times I get same message.

Have tuned off AV, Windolws firewall. Running latest Itunes 10.5.3.3.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Download the update from iclarified and then hold shift and click restore in iTunes and select the file you downloaded

Have you tried doing an update on the phone. If you are on iOS 5 go to settings>general>software update

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭goalie2

Have been on iclairifed but dont see any section for downloads and cant find anything about downloading ios5. Can you be more specific?

No i am on ios 4.3 so I dont have that option.

It's under most popular. What iPhone have you got
    http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=750

Thank you. I am on the iphone 4. does it matter if I download the 4 gsm or CDMA from the link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

goalie2 wrote: »
    Thank you. I am on the iphone 4. does it matter if I download the 4 gsm or CDMA from the link?
    yes it does. only download the cdma one if your phone was bought from verzion in the states, my guess is that it wasn't so go with the gsm update.

• Advertisement

when I download the GSM one how do I actually upload to the phone, through Itunes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

when I download the GSM one how do I actually upload to the phone, through Itunes?

Before you hit restore via iTunes hold shift then hit restore a window will pop open find your 5.0.1 there then double click and that's it

excellent will try that thank you

ok lads, got the file downloaded and started the restore as per instructions - its stuck at the same restore bar for the last 40 minutes, is that normal?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Which phone are you trying it on ??

Apple has ended the window for installing iOS 5.0.1 on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

A5 devices are now immovable from iOS 5.1 if they have been updated until a solution for downgrading can be found. SHSH blobs will not do you any good for downgrading an A5 device at this time.

Please be extra careful not to accidentally update to iOS 5.1 via iTunes or Software Update on your device. If you do update you may lose the ability to jailbreak for quite some time.

A4 devices with saved blobs can still be downgraded as usual.

From iClarified

• Advertisement

Crap I am on the iphone4, downloaded 5.11 from iclarified and was trying to update from there. Phone isnt jailbroken either, its on meteor.

You could load a custom build.

sharkman wrote: »
    Which phone are you trying it on ??

Apple has ended the window for installing iOS 5.0.1 on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

A5 devices are now immovable from iOS 5.1 if they have been updated until a solution for downgrading can be found. SHSH blobs will not do you any good for downgrading an A5 device at this time.

Please be extra careful not to accidentally update to iOS 5.1 via iTunes or Software Update on your device. If you do update you may lose the ability to jailbreak for quite some time.

A4 devices with saved blobs can still be downgraded as usual.

From iClarified
    whats the point posting about an A5 device when the op already said they have an iphone 4

op go here and click the fixit logo and try again http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972034

guil wrote: »
    whats the point posting about an A5 device when the op already said they have an iphone 4

op go here and click the fixit logo and try again http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972034

In the first line of my reply I asked which phone he was using , I wanted to be sure if it was a 4 or 4s , besides this information may be if interest to others who were not aware of it . That's what this site is for after all . Sharing information with others .

sorry for being a bit snappy with my post, it's good to know either way

I let the phone restore run overnight and this morning it had failed with error 14. I have tried a different USB port and let it run today while in work. Anyone come across this error before?

I let the phone restore run overnight and this morning it had failed with error 14. I have tried a different USB port and let it run today while in work. Anyone come across this error before?
    have you tried putting it into DFU yet, turn off the phone then hold the power button for 3 seconds, without letting go of thepwer button hold it and the home button for 10 seconds, keep holding the home but release the power for a further 10 seconds

the screen on the phone will be black and itunes will say its found an iphone in recovery mode, try restore as normal and see how you get on

apologies here, try and restore with new 5.1 or with a backup I have of the 4.3 OS?

its not possible to restore to anything other then 5.1 at this stage if the phone was never jailbroken or if you never used a program like tinyumbrella to save SHSH blobs

Thanks, I will try that this evening when I get home from work. Appreciate the help. Will post later and let you know how I get on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Thanks, I will try that this evening when I get home from work. Appreciate the help. Will post later and let you know how I get on.

If it still will not work back it up to your pc then try the update on a different pc wipe it clean and go back to YOUR pc and restore from back up!

DFU mode didnt work either. I have old backup, might just restore that.

The backup is just the content Ob the phone at the time. No way to go back to 4.3 now

The only thing you can do is try a different pc. Did you try just clicking restore and nothin else when it was in DFU

Advertisement