Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geography Help

• 02-03-2012 12:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Need some advice people..its the 1st of march and i got a c2 in the mocks in geog..this with leaving the 80 marker pretty much blank! this is because im so confused weather to do the global interdependence question or geoecology? To start im terrible at (and hate) everything were doing in geoecology ..Where as im doing business and economics which apparently is very helpful for global interdependence..The class is doing geoecology but im not sure should i do global interdependence on my own because i think i could give it a fair shot?? ADVICE PLEASE :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Heroic2011 wrote: »
    Need some advice people..its the 1st of march and i got a c2 in the mocks in geog..this with leaving the 80 marker pretty much blank! this is because im so confused weather to do the global interdependence question or geoecology? To start im terrible at (and hate) everything were doing in geoecology ..Where as im doing business and economics which apparently is very helpful for global interdependence..The class is doing geoecology but im not sure should i do global interdependence on my own because i think i could give it a fair shot?? ADVICE PLEASE :(
    Hey, a C2 is not too bad if you left the Option Question completely blank! Personally I haven't got my Mock back yet but study Geoecology and find it easy! You only need to know 3/4 essays and you'll definitely be ok! I played it fast and loose in the Mocks only learning Composition and Characteristics of Brown Earth Soils and luckily it came up!

If you feel Geoecology is not for you, start the next option as soon as possible. You need to start practising writing the essay under exam conditions! I completely surprised myself in the mock by writing 6 pages on Geoecology in 30 minutes (diagram(s) included)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

I know what you mean - I do business and we did the economic elective and interdependence would make so much sense but we do the atmosphere-ocean question -_-

Did you do the economic elective too? If so I'd say give it a shot because a lot of it is in GI seemingly - sustainability, conflict, global warming and climate change...its so annoying to even think about it :pac: If not I'd say just focus on geoecology because the range of topics in GI would probably be too much.

Another thing that's crossed my mind might be a good idea too - mid latitude depressions are coming up in 2012 judging from patterns and language + religion always seems to come up in culture and identity. You could learn a handful of the most common questions but thats a huge gamble.

Advertisement