Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorhome Parts Online

• 02-03-2012 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hi

Anyone recommend a good online site for Motorhome parts?

Looking for a front right shock absorber as it failed the DOE today.

Should I also be looking for 1800Kg load one as there are 1000Kg and 1400Kg ones? I take it these are the axle load tolerances?

Had a look at the Fiat EPer online but there are two different Q18 ones?

Whats the difference Shocks

One has C5070 and the other has D5070 modifications?

I want to get the correct one but there seems to be many varieties that fit my van.

Engine code 8140.43

Thanks for any info you can give

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 222 ✭✭defike

Sorry can't answer your question but do you know of the site that covers parts for the new shape ducato.Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Hi did you try ebay.ie? enter in the specifics to the search bar ... also did you try your local auto parts store? its worth a try even if they dont have the parts they might source them for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭bluethunder

Hi

Should I also be looking for 1800Kg load one as there are 1000Kg and 1400Kg ones? I take it these are the axle load tolerances?

I want to get the correct one but there seems to be many varieties that fit my van.

Engine code 8140.43

I had a shock fail on me too. My mechanic quoted 130+ VAT but I found one on Ebay for 70 delivered. Deffo worth shopping around. The Ebay site I found it on gave the details of all the vans it would fit.

I also came across these guys where you can enter the reg number and they'll display all suitable parts:

http://www.mister-auto.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭HereAndThere

Thanks lads.

I have been searching around, I'd be a bit wary of some of the ones on eBay as they didn't say what load they supported.

Think I need the 18Q one.

The ones I've seen on the online auto shops seem to range drastically in price!

Emailed Fiat in rathcoole and they have the newer Gas version but it's €235.

Then I was wondering would there not be an imbalance in the front shocks if the left one (Oil) was left as is and I put a newer gas shock on the right?

Cheers

Thanks lads.

I have been searching around, I'd be a bit wary of some of the ones on eBay as they didn't say what load they supported.

Think I need the 18Q one.

The ones I've seen on the online auto shops seem to range drastically in price!

Emailed Fiat in rathcoole and they have the newer Gas version but it's €235.

Then I was wondering would there not be an imbalance in the front shocks if the left one (Oil) was left as is and I put a newer gas shock on the right?

Cheers

I'm not an expert but have learned a bit about this since having to get mine done. You are allowed a 30% (I think it's 30 anyway) difference in the shocks, anything above that is a fail. For example, my right front was 80% and left front was 45% (if memory serves). My mechanic buddy said that they don't really care about the quality of the shocks, it's more the differential between them. You could try a breakers yard for one as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭steelboots

Should you not be changing in pairs (i.e. Both Left and Right) ?

Not changing it myself just buying the parts. Do you change them in pairs yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

on my car 1 failed and both were changed ... dont know if thats a rule but it makes sense

dickwod1 wrote: »
    on my car 1 failed and both were changed ... dont know if thats a rule but it makes sense

No need to change both imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Martin_D

dickwod1 wrote: »

Would Aidan_M_M on here have a view?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

he would......

Unless they are quite new , dampers/shocks , like tires , are supposed to be changed in pairs. what is your base vehicle , and what size wheel has it , 15 or 16 inch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Hi

Engine code 8140.43

If you hover over the the modification it shows you the change in this case its "new shock absorber with 10mm reduced stroke for automatic gearbox" c5070 is before and d5070 is after and it was introduced 04-2001.

If you don't have an autobox get the longer travel ones I'd say.

By the way in the link you included you've selected benzina which is petrol your engine is 2.8 diesel.

Genuine sachs/monroe other branded ones should be €80-€100 each.

2x non branded oil schocks €80 delivered double check application
    http://www.ebay.de/itm/2x-Stosdampfer-Vorne-Peugeot-Boxer-Karsten-Bus-Pritsche-Neu-/110822648438?pt=DE_Autoteile&hash=item19cd8b6a76#ht_21490wt_929

Cheers Lads

Ended up ordering from micksgarage.ie and they've been fitted.
    If you hover over the the modification it shows you the change in this case its "new shock absorber with 10mm reduced stroke for automatic gearbox" c5070 is before and d5070 is after and it was introduced 04-2001.
    Should have noticed that tooltip - good spot
    If you don't have an autobox get the longer travel ones I'd say.
    By the way in the link you included you've selected benzina which is petrol your engine is 2.8 diesel.
    Cheers I must have clicked the wrong link.

Aidan_M_M My MH Wheels are 15 Inch, base vehicle is a Ducato 14 2.8 i.d.td

She passed the DOE today after the lad checked the shocks again.

Going away for a night tomorrow - The season starts :)

Advertisement