Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Single farm payments

• 02-03-2012 12:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I just bought 19 acres of good quality grass land, my herd number has been issued and I will buy a few heifers/steers for fattening on grass from now til sept, can I apply for a sfp and/or are there any other subsidies I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance, forgive the newbie Q's

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mdog

you can apply to the national reserve im sure...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Newbiefarmer

mdog wrote: »
    you can apply to the national reserve im sure...?

Don't give up the day job just yet...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭agcons

I just bought 19 acres of good quality grass land, my herd number has been issued and I will buy a few heifers/steers for fattening on grass from now til sept, can I apply for a sfp and/or are there any other subsidies I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance, forgive the newbie Q's
    Details of the criteria for this years national reserve will be out shortly. Be sure to send in a single farm payment application anyway even if you dont qualify for the reserve. Might be worth your while buying a couple of entitlements, just to have your name in the system for post 2014.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭Vandy West

Rang the dept of agr last week to see about the 2012 national reserve application. Was told it would be available the 1st or 2nd week of april, keep an eye out as the deadline in 2011 was in may, so not much time to get the paperwork in order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

yeah the national reserve forms come out last, and if you get approved you mightnt be paid till early may the following year.

which if you're considering buying entitlements is a balls, because you dont know where you stand until the very last minute. but I suppose it's money you wouldnt otherwise be getting, so you can only complain so much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭Vandy West

The 2011 application says this with regard to the qualifications needed to qualify (for old folks like myself):

(ii) Applicants over 35 years of age on 1 January 2011 Applicants must hold the qualifications at (i) above OR have at least 5 years practical experience in farming.

Don't have any qualifications in farming so was wondering....

Does anyone know what they look for in terms of 'practical experience'? If you helped out neighbors or relatives over the years (without pay) would this qualify? Would they require a letter from neighbors/relations saying you had 'practical experience'?

Advertisement