Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aion - Now F2P

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Was a 30 minute queue on Nexus server last night, was the longest so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

d22ontour wrote: »
    Was a 30 minute queue on Nexus server last night, was the longest so far.

Thats to prepare you for the unbelievably dull grind in order to level ;)

(although i heard it's somewhat better now)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Have played many typical korean grind games, in Aion beta i got to 33 in 2 days just to get the gold pack with a lot of questing not done, typical kill 10 of mob etc, but i would think it's changed a bit to be classed as a grind game ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

d22ontour wrote: »
    Have played many typical korean grind games, in Aion beta i got to 33 in 2 days just to get the gold pack with a lot of questing not done, typical kill 10 of mob etc, but i would think it's changed a bit to be classed as a grind game ?

(It has been modified since release).. but my experience at the time was a 2 hour group grind per bulb (1/10th of a level) while in the 40's... Probably not helped by the amount of people trying to level at the time given the limited zones for levelling at that time..

Not a horrendous grind compared to some Asian MMO's, but definately longer and duller than any western MMO I can recall in recent years. Part of the issue (for me anyway) was what seemed a poor implementation of a pvp zone, so it was a grind towards and end game that I didn't like.. which probably made it feel a lot worse..

Advertisement