Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ENOUGH about how ****e it all is

• 02-03-2012 2:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

Ahhhhhh come on lads. Enough about the state of the country,don't you agree ???,Lets look at whats made Ireland IRELAND !!!!!!....our SPIRIT, our culture our beautiful scenery, The cranberries....... Hot house flowers....... The coronas....... come on, lets have a thread about what makes IRELAND HOME and PROUD.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

bubbuz wrote: »
    The coronas......

*crickets*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Drink!
    Arse!
    Girls!
    Big Japanese hairy rabbits!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭kojack

Potatoes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 658 ✭✭✭The Jammy dodger

Ahhhhhh come on lads. Enough about the state of the country,don't you agree ???,Lets look at whats made Ireland IRELAND !!!!!!....our SPIRIT, our culture our beautiful scenery, The cranberries....... Hot house flowers....... The coronas....... come on, lets have a thread about what makes IRELAND HOME and PROUD.

I would but I'm running out of internet credit at the cafe and I guess I have you know who to thank for that. Oh well ....*sigh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Pacifist Pigeon

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭bubbuz

Crickets....???????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Crickets....???????
    You know, that chirping noise they use on TV to fill an awkward silence because someone said something uncomfortable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Sinead O'Connor and Anal Sex.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭k.p.h

Original thread ...

Dunphy

"It's a Kip"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

The invention of the potato bike.

A bike that uses potatoes as wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Nyan Cat

Sheep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

You off to New Zealand OP?

You can't use excessive punctuation to make me agree with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B====D

He he

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Ireland is proud whenever it succeeds in colouring within the lines in its colouring book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

BIG TITS AND HAIRY FANNIES!!

longshanks wrote: »

One out of two ain't bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Sacramento wrote: »
    One out of two ain't bad.

Beats hairy tits and big fannies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭happypants

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

The fact that you felt the need to capitalise the word Ireland so much makes me both proud and ashamed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Ahhhhhh come on lads.

And that'll solve nothing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Begrudgery and Piss-blasting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Good ****ing Jaysus what is this ****e?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

Honestly, I couldnt care about the economy right now, f*ck that, its all the *****rs a cant stomach!

These are my thoughts walking through town "W*nker, w*anker, w*nker, w*nker, w*nker, w*nker, w*nker, w*nker, w*nker, w*nker, give him the benefit of the dou...wait, no, w*nker, w*nker..."

The headlines should read:

MAJOR W*NKER CRISIS IN IRELAND

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭The Internet Explorer

About three fiddy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Lets look at whats made Ireland IRELAND !!!!!!
    Yeah all this financial shit... pfff... ok let's see, british rule, alcoholism, the Magdalene sisters, paedophile priests, the troubles, junkies... ahhh, I've got it... U2 and a pint of Guinness on Dollymount strand. :D
    No need to worry about anything after all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

longshanks wrote: »
    Did someone call me???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

I love real Ireland. Not the cities but the towns countryside where you can sit at the bar and have a laugh with the locals . Some of the banter has been heard a million times some of the jokes may accuse you of being a homo <hysterical giggles from Tom the dairy farmer> but you feel welcome and you enjoy your sunday afternoon there.
    I love single mothers in their pyjamas claiming to be broke but pushing Bugaboos.
    I like the attitude that you can get as drunk as you like once you keep it too yourself, eg people bigging you up because you can drink 20 pints and walk straight. You are as drunk as the rest of them you just hide it better.
    I love signing on the dole with everyone else that does and complaining about the fact that there is no jobs , its a hobby now at this stage its monotonous but it gives me purpose.
    I love how Heroin addicts always seem to have lost their bus fare in Dublin City centre , I love how buskers never get robbed and I love the statue man on Grafton Street that stamps everytime somebody gives him money and get the **** frightened out of them.
    I love how people look around before they say black even if they are just critisizing the colour of a car.
    I love getting in a taxi and waiting for them to start blaming the foreigners.
    I love landing in Dublin airport and going to departures to have a pint and wait to get collected.
    I love travellers and I love seeing them take a broken shower I threw in a bin 5 minutes after I put it there to salvage the copper.
    I love slagging my friends with such ferocity that in any other country itd be assault but here its just a bit of craic.
    I love the staff in the retunda hospital for delivering my children always with a smile on their face and a spring in their step.
    I love going for a run , collecting the kids from school going out on a sunday for dinner. Things that are done in nearly every country in the world but here its just different.
    I love hearing people speak Irish , a few weeks doing a course in Galway with a chap from the gaeltacht reminded me of our great cultural heritage and how much we have wasted it wanting to be a globalised nation .
    I love how no matter what pub you go into in the country there will be someone there that thinks the problem with Ireland is they stopped it being a primarily farming country, its the reason we are in the piss aparantly.
    I love that no matter what we all know its not that bad being here . Money only buys you 4x4 jeeps and a fancier carpet. Nobody is gonna starve to death and although there is a serious serious epidemic after hitting the country we can get through it. Recessions are cyclical , Bertie Ahern doesnt owe you a Range Rover , the bank may take your house but sure listen to Ordinary Man by Christy Moore , its all happened before .
    Itll all happen again ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭bubbuz

Jesus and I thought I was pissed off, thought I might start a thread to cheer me self up and realize that things aren't that bad...........FAIL..:eek:

guitarzero wrote: »
    Honestly, I couldnt care about the economy right now, f*ck that, its all the *****rs a cant stomach!

These are my thoughts walking through town "W*nker, w*anker, w*nker, w*nker, w*nker, w*nker, w*nker, w*nker, w*nker, w*nker, give him the benefit of the dou...wait, no, w*nker, w*nker..."

The headlines should read:

MAJOR W*NKER CRISIS IN IRELAND[SIZE]

I see you didn't take that Rohypnol Xanax I prescribed you. *tut tut*

Looks like we'll have to prescribe a suppository.:eek:<(Your facial expression).

p.s. Sorry for detailing your medial issues in public on Boards. Probs should have PM'd you, but it's a bit late for that now. Good luck with that 'Wandering Bladder'. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

three sh1t bands do not a great country make.

Sindri wrote: »
    I see you didn't take that Rohypnol Xanax I prescribed you. *tut tut*

Looks like we'll have to prescribe a suppository.:eek:<(Your facial expression).

p.s. Sorry for detailing your medial issues in public on Boards. Probs should have PM'd you, but it's a bit late for that now. Good luck with that 'Wandering Bladder'. ;)

...no punchline?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

I was wondering what must Saturday be like to the folk who insist on hating all sports regardless; Monday?!

.. Eh but sure you'll be footie fans come June am I right. Else some fùckn curmudgeon altogether don't be the stereotypical grebo strike a balance I say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

God save the Queen.

guitarzero wrote: »
    ...no punchline?

Hah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

For me, it's the people who keep us going.

Remember the lad who fell on the ice, he got this country through a ruff old winter.

Lest we forget Bono, who sacrifices his own happiness to act like the biggest w@nker on the planet, just so we have somebody to direct our blame onto. If we didn't have him then families would tear themselves apart like wolves eating crisps. Instead we have a civil cup of tea and talk about his tax status and how he's really short without the big shoes on.

A nation of heroes!

I love this Peninsula and every right-handed person that walks on her icy footpaths.

Also, I hate the Coronas, with or without lime.

God save the Queen.

...From that horrendous fashion sense. :)

ZING!!!

Sindri wrote: »
    Hah?

No, I think that :rolleyes: was what you set out to achieve. How about we leave it where the chances are pretty high you fall under the category of my first post.

• Advertisement
Advertisement