Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advertising for research participants

Options
  • 02-03-2012 7:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hello,

My name is Tracii Ryan and I am a postgraduate research student at RMIT University in Melbourne, Australia. I am currently undertaking a research project investigating problematic Facebook use among adult Internet users. In order to learn more about problematic Facebook use, I will soon be conducting an online survey asking participants about their Facebook usage.

I am writing to you to request permission to post a link to this survey on the Boards.ie forum, once the study has received approval from the RMIT University Human Research Ethics Committee (most likely April 2012). If you could let me know whether these sorts of posts are allowable according to the rules of this forum, I would be greatly appreciative.

Thank you for your time.

Kind regards,

Tracii Ryan
    PhD Scholar
    Discipline of Psychology
    RMIT University
    Melbourne
    Australia

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Hi Tracii,

Generally it's up to the moderator of the forum in which you wish to post your survey as to whether they will allow it or not. There are hundreds of forums on this site and your survey may only be relevant to a few of those. Get to know the site, select a forum you think may be suitable and then use the private message system to ask the moderators of that forum if they will allow the survey.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

There's also this forum for surveys of this nature.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Tracii1

Thanks very much r3nu4l and Zaph.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement