Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Deals App

Options
  • 02-03-2012 8:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

I find it very ironic that boards.ie are taking anti spam measures for the boards whilst at the same time actively participating in spamming themselves.

The boards deals application came pre-installed on my phone and each day is notifying me of "deals" for which I have no interest nor requested. The app cannot be uninstalled through any normal means. The app has a string of one star reviews purely because of its unwarranted and forceful nature. I'm sure actions carried out by the "boards deals" app would result in a banning if they were carried out on this forum. However, because it spams on my phone away from this site its actions are condoned by this site.

The actions of boards deals and the app means I will never use the service and will advice others from using the service.

My experience of Boards Deals? Unwarranted, annoying, intrusive and frustrating. I'm publicly asking why this app has no uninstall feature and what the site gains by annoying probably thousands of android users.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

Advertisement