Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hmmm

Options
  • 02-03-2012 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭

Hi,

I signed up with Electric Ireland in April 2011 to avail of the Supersaver discount (long time ESB customer before that). Here's my problem: I moved house in November 2011, called up Electric Ireland, and transferred my account nice and smoothly, all handled well. What I wasn't made aware of was that any discounts I had were simply cancelled/removed, and since November I've been on Electric Ireland standard rate ('Urban').

I called Electric Ireland yesterday after I just happened to notice this, and was told that unless in the recording of my conversation in November I'd stated specifically that 'I want to keep my discounts', they were not going to back-date any discount. In fairness, how was I supposed to know my discounts would get removed?

I do feel I should have been made aware in November that because my address had changed, any discounts on my account were removed. The fact that I wasn't informed seems disingenuous.

As of yesterday I've been placed onto ValueSaver (6% discount). Again, I was told that unless I'd specifically stated the above in my November 2011 phonecall, they were not prepared to offer me any back-dated discounts.

Can anything be done?

Cheers,
    lampsie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi lampsie,
    lampsie wrote:
    I called Electric Ireland yesterday after I just happened to notice this, and was told that unless in the recording of my conversation in November I'd stated specifically that 'I want to keep my discounts', they were not going to back-date any discount. In fairness, how was I supposed to know my discounts would get removed?

This is incorrect; your discounts should have carried over irrespective. Our apologies for this error.

If you send me the following details by private message I'll be able to calculate the discounts you should have been in receipt of since November, and have them retrospectively applied in the form of a credit.
    • Your full name and account number
    • Your date of birth and contact number (for account security)
    Thanks,

David.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭lampsie

Hi David,

Many thanks for the prompt reply, PM sent :)

Kind regards,
    Aengus

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭lampsie

Many thanks to David, all sorted out and dealt with promptly :)

Happy customer,
    lampsie

Advertisement