Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs v Man Utd

Options
  • 02-03-2012 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭

Massive Game.
    Vital that we bounce back from last Sunday with a performance and a result.
    We have an embarrasing record against United, so god knows we are due a result. No Bale by the sounds of it so we are up against it if so.
    VDV will start no doubt and normally scores in big games so fingers crossed he has one up his sleeve.

COYS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

A big performance is definitely required though I can't see us getting anything in this game. The only constant throughout any Spurs season in the PL is never winning against Utd. We might scrape a draw, but if Bale is out forget about it. Add Parker to that list, and possibly Walker, and we're in big trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Looking at physioroom.com, they reckon Walker will be ok.

So maybe:

Friedel, Walker, Kaboul, King, Benny, Sandro, Luka, Lennon, Kranky, VdV, Adebayor.

Or we could stick Livermore at right back and try Walker right wing and Lennon on the left instead of Kranky.

Or we could stick VdV on the left and put Louis up top with Ade.

Hard to see 'Arry experimenting so much in such a big game though.

I wonder would Saha be any use on left wing? Kranky seems to slow us down a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

he will go with vdv on the left id say and saha up front with ade.

If we lose this one then we will be back in the mix for 3rd and 4th and top two will be gone!

parker is a massive loss - sandro was very poor against arsenal but i dont think he knew where he was supposed to be playing. in a 4-4-2 he should be able to support the back 4

however! i think a draw is the best we will get from this game

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Sandro was just coming back from injury. He played well against Bosnia for Brazil though so thats positive. Direct replacement for Parker.

I have no clue what team Harry will pick. Not even sure who I want to play in this game. I hope we lose 6-0. A 6-0 loss will probably end in a 2-1 win with how my predictions have panned out recently.
    Harry Redknapp has refuted any suggestion that Gareth Bale is facing a lengthy spell on the sidelines with a hamstring injury.

The Tottenham winger was forced to pull out of the Wales squad for Gary Speed's memorial match against Costa Rica in midweek after complaining of muscle tightness.

It was claimed that the problem was serious enough to rule him out of action for the foreseeable future.

Redknapp insists that is not the case and is hoping Bale will figure in Spurs' crucial top-of-the-table clash with Manchester United on Sunday.

"That's absolutely a million miles wrong," he said when asked about the reports that Bale was set for a long-term lay-off.

"He hasn't even got a tear in his hamstring. It's just a little bit tight but it should be okay. It shouldn't be a problem.

"We will have to wait and see how he is (for the weekend). Hopefully he should be okay."

Redknapp is also hoping for positive news when it comes to the fitness of another key trio.

"(Rafael) Van der Vaart is hopefully going to train today (Friday). He feels a lot better," added the Spurs boss.

"Ledley (King) is not bad. Hopefully he will come out tomorrow. We will see how he is.

"Kyle Walker is okay. He should be okay. He got a knock (against Arsenal) but he should be fit."

Spurs will be looking to bounce back from their 5-2 derby humbling by Arsenal when they take to the field on Sunday, but Redknapp insists he has no fears regarding a possible hangover from that contest.

"We had a bad weekend last weekend but it was a one-off," he said.

"Since the first two games of the season we have not really had a bad game, even though we have lost a couple.

"Last week was the first bad day that we have had but it happens. Everybody has those days. All the clubs have had them this year and you have to accept that you will have days like that."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7559439/?

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭RoboClam

Maybe the Bale "injury" was just to keep him out of the Wales friendly? He has missed internationals in the past due to injury but played the next game in the PL.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

what harry says about the bale injury

"He hasn't even got a tear in his hamstring. It's just a little bit tight but it should be OK. It shouldn't be a problem.

"We will have to wait and see how he is (for the weekend). Hopefully he should be OK."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Wenger outsmarted Harry last weekend and I'm expecting Ferguson to do the same again this weekend...! 3-1 to Utd

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Wenger outsmarted Harry last weekend and I'm expecting Ferguson to do the same again this weekend...! 3-1 to Utd

If anything Harry outsmarted himself last weekend, inexplicable substitutions at half time.

Arsenal are capable of big performances and they delivered one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

3-2 Spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

Lennon has to play in this one if fit. He gives Evra the runaround everytime he faces him. Him on one side and Bale ( or Rose if Bale is injured) on the other and we should cause Man Utd. lots of problems. We need King to play also as I don't like the look of Dawson having to mark Rooney.
    On paper we have a good chance and I think it will all come down to how we react to last weeks result. Fingers crossed with our injury concerns though.

• Advertisement

Walker went through a full training session today by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Who's reffing?

If its Webb we have no focking chance.

I'm resigned to lossing this one as usual but I prey for a dramtic change in performance from last weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

In a pervese kind a way I'm looking forward to seeing what way we manage to lose this one...

Will it be a dodgy ref decision, a blundering own goal or three, another perfectly legit goal crossed off by a short sighted linesman, who knows? Welcome to the Spurs vs Mau U roulette wheel - whooooo! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Undercover

Heading over to this one. Saw us beat the Gooners for the first time earlier in the season and hoping for the same against United on Sunday. I've seen us lose to them three times over the years including the time Klinsmann missed a penalty in 1994 in a 0-1 defeat and a 21 yr old Giggs sticking a pearler in to the top corner in a 1-3 reverse a year or so later. Fingers crossed that run will change this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Undercover wrote: »
    Heading over to this one. Saw us beat the Gooners for the first time earlier in the season and hoping for the same against United on Sunday. I've seen us lose to them three times over the years including the time Klinsmann missed a penalty in 1994 in a 0-1 defeat and a 21 yr old Giggs sticking a pearler in to the top corner in a 1-3 reverse a year or so later. Fingers crossed that run will change this time around.

Heading over too, maybe just maybe it could be our day. COYS!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I have zero faith in this game so that makes me think that we might actually snatch something........ 2-1 win!!!!

Martin Atkinson is the ref.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

Heading over too!!
    Liverpool supporting buddy with me.
    My travelling record is w1 d1 l1
    I recon I'll head into the game with Ireland losing to France by 20, Ireland win by 1 and spurs lose with man sent off so man u can keep up with city...

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭terrymccarthy05

Going to watch it in Mayes,

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭philon

Heading over aswell ( Cheers Mullo & Hatch) , feeling nervious about the game aslo......but these are the games we have to play & get something out of, if we are to progress as a team.
    Glory Glory :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

We have to break this Man Utd hoodoo tomorrow,the gooners are closing in and we must finish above them this season....coys

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 7,777 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

No Bale or vdV..

Friedel; Walker, Kaboul, King, Assou-Ekotto; Lennon, Livermore, Sandro, Modric; Adebayor, Saha.

Subs:Cudicini, Dawson, Nelsen, Rose, Kranjcar, Giovani, Defoe.

Solid team though, I like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Not great tbh. No Bale and probably Modric on the left so no creativity through the middle. Not confident at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Huge task for Jake today but we need Lennon to be on his best or even better then his best.

I'd literally cartwheel if we did them today.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Saha gone ahead of defoe in the pecking order by the looks of it. We look a little open to me, although i suppose at home ye have to go for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Bale has been doing too much wandering and not tracking back when Benny's in trouble, has cost us goals in the past especially last week.
    VDV we can live without, he offers something when we are playing a weaker team but drifts back too much and allows other teams to run at us.
    At least he's playing Lennon, we badly needed him last week

Saha should have buried that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Disaster

• Advertisement

Soft goal, we didn't deserve that. We're playing well, have the better of them.

Advertisement