Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving cert fees with a medical card?....

• 02-03-2012 11:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 154 ✭✭

Hey I'm repeating in the college of commerce and from what i read its 287 euro for a schoo, based student to repeat, last year i think i only had to pay half or something (totally forget) cause i had a medical card, does the same thing apply here? there is no way in hell i could 287 euro for the exams and they haven't told us anything about it yet so i dont know what is going on. anybody have any experience with this?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

That would be up to your college.
    I don't know what the story is regarding the SEC and repeats, but you should not have had to pay anything first time round, as a medical card holder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭BeanbagBallbag

Exemptions
    Candidates who hold a current medical card or who are dependent on a parent or guardian who holds a current medical card are exempt from paying examination fees. Applicants who are claiming exemption from fees on this basis must provide Medical Card details to the Commission.

You shouldn't have to pay any examination fees as long as you have a Medical Card. The fee for a school based repeat candidate is €301, this doesn't apply to you because of your Medical Card. I'm repeating (externally) with a Medical Card and have not had to pay anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭runswithascript

When you register on-line there is an option to specify that you have a medical card which negates the payment part of the next section when you next onto it.

Advertisement