Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amount of stock to get full payments?

• 02-03-2012 11:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 439 ✭✭

Whats the lowest amount of stock/cattle that has to be kept in order to get full single payment?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 noseyhole

off hand i think its o.15 head per hectare
    .( an animal under 24 mths ibeing .6 head )
    , though this years criteria isnt released yet and i think its due to go up to .3 per hec. some time
    not sure how land set aside for fodder is included in this
    i might be wrong so maybe wait for others posts before acting

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Ya it has gone up, so has the min time from 3 months to 6 months that you have to have cattle. I could be wrong too:o, I suppose it is to encourage more active farmers. OP have you tried contacting local dvo for exact info?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 439 ✭✭Carstuck

blue5000 wrote: »
    Ya it has gone up, so has the min time from 3 months to 6 months that you have to have cattle. I could be wrong too:o, I suppose it is to encourage more active farmers. OP have you tried contacting local dvo for exact info?

No didn't contact dvo, was just looking for a estimate and couldn't find much on the department website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭rancher

blue5000 wrote: »

Think you're refering to disadvantage areas payment whereas the question seemed to refer to the single farm payment for which there is no minimum stocking rate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭theaceofspies

rancher wrote: »
    Think you're refering to disadvantage areas payment whereas the question seemed to refer to the single farm payment for which there is no minimum stocking rate

Not yet, but if Mr. Coveney gets his way the new DAS rules will also be applied to the SFP as well. So-called "Inactive" famers are not very fashionable right now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 noseyhole

sorry , i forgot to mention the new 6 mth requirement . i tried to find out the details from teagasc but no-body seems to know until the details are published.
    though its like the poster said, inactive farmers = low revenue so expect it sooner than later

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭restive

From what year will the DAS rules come into effect? Will the apply to 2012?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭red bull

DAS was effective in 2011 but stocking rate doubled for 2012 plus you have to have them over 6 months rather than 3 months in 2011. No stocking criteria for SFP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭theaceofspies

red bull wrote: »
    DAS was effective in 2011 but stocking rate doubled for 2012 plus you have to have them over 6 months rather than 3 months in 2011. No stocking criteria for SFP

Correct Red Bull but the noises emitting from Mr. Coveney suggest that the new DAS rules will also be applied to the new SFP when it comes into effect. Keep an eye on the recent press releases on the Dept. Ag. website. You wouldn't need to be Nostrodamus to see the future fate of the small farmer.

Advertisement