Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Mobile - Unable to divert calls to a phone number abroad

Options
  • 02-03-2012 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I am spending a two months in France, and I would like to be able to receive calls placed on my Irish mobile number from here as I am expecting a few important ones during that time (and don't want to give my temporary French number to my Irish contacts and then have to update again to the Irish one in 2 months).

Ideally I would like to divert all Texco incoming calls to my French number instead of using roaming (because it is cheaper and most importantly it would save me from having to carry around 2 phones for just a few calls per month on hte Irish one).

Of course I understand that I would have to pay for a call from Ireland to a French mobile every time I reveive a call, and my top-up balance is positive.

When I try to set-up call diversion with my phone, I get a message telling me the network refused the change. I can however divert to an Irish number with no problem.

So it seems Tesco Mobile is not allowing to divert calls to a foreign number. I am pretty sure I have done that before with other carriers. Does anyone know if there is a way to enable this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

Bob24 wrote: »
    Hi,

I am spending a two months in France, and I would like to be able to receive calls placed on my Irish mobile number from here as I am expecting a few important ones during that time (and don't want to give my temporary French number to my Irish contacts and then have to update again to the Irish one in 2 months).

Ideally I would like to divert all Texco incoming calls to my French number instead of using roaming (because it is cheaper and most importantly it would save me from having to carry around 2 phones for just a few calls per month on hte Irish one).

Of course I understand that I would have to pay for a call from Ireland to a French mobile every time I reveive a call, and my top-up balance is positive.

When I try to set-up call diversion with my phone, I get a message telling me the network refused the change. I can however divert to an Irish number with no problem.

So it seems Tesco Mobile is not allowing to divert calls to a foreign number. I am pretty sure I have done that before with other carriers. Does anyone know if there is a way to enable this?

Hi Bob

I will check this out for you.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Thanks - looking forward to your feedback :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

Bob24 wrote: »
    Thanks - looking forward to your feedback :-)

Hi Bob

sorry, I checked and this is not possible presently.

One option would be to sign up to Hullomail which is free on Tesco Mobile and then you could get your messages over WiFi IP in France from your Tesco Mobile phone at no cost at all. Diverting to International would have a cost per call to you.

Hullomail is available as an app for Android and iPhone

regards
    Paul

Advertisement