Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice on confirmation celebrations needed

Options
  • 02-03-2012 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

I have an 11 year old making his confirmation on a Friday 30th March.
    He's little brother is making his communion on the May on a Saturday so we are planning on having a small party round the house for this (like we did with the 11 year old when it was his communion).
    As my sons's confo is at 11am, we were planning to go to lunch as a family with the sponsor etc after the church. Has anybody got any idea's as to what we could do as a family that evening (as I have no imagination whatsoever)? I was thinking we could go into town for a meal or maybe to go the dog track. I was looking on the net and there doesn't seem to be much going on in Dublin that weeekend. Any idea's greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Im in the same boat, conformation at 11 am on 24th of march. we are having a family meal afterwards there will be 11 of us and my daughters friend from school who is church of England, we invited her so she wouldn't feel left out.

She is sleeping over the night before and the night of the conformation, then me and the girls are going to see The Hunger Games. My sister in laws are coming down from Dublin, its also mothers day weekend and my mother in laws birthday so its really about family for us on that weekend.

Has your son told you what he would like to do afterwards? go karting, zoo, any exhibition on at the exhibition centre? Aquatic centre? A trek (horse riding), Trip to bray? Viking splash? you've probably been there and done that all before.

Ask your son what he would like...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

The dogs are fantastic fun. We brought our kids for the first time last year while away for the weekend and they loved it. You can have a meal there or just snacks like chips ect. You need to book a table for a meal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

My sister in laws are coming down from Dublin, its also mothers day weekend and my mother in laws birthday so its really about family for us on that weekend.

Mothers day is the previous weekend - the 18th;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Fittle wrote: »
    Mothers day is the previous weekend - the 18th;)

S*************t

Ah well we will have it a week late..:o

Advertisement