Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remove Washing machine Control Panel

• 02-03-2012 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭

I need to remove the front control panel on washing machine to replace a switch at the front.

In the past, on other machines this has involved unscrewing the front panel and top panel of the machine. Or there would be screws behind the washing powder drawer.

There is no screws on front or side or behind powder drawer.

Any ideas.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

What make and model is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Tidyweb

Its a Candy CMD136 Washer Dryer.

Cant get anything online about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

If there are no screws holding the top panel in place chances are its designed to be prised
    open with a thin blade and lifted, are there any "notches" along the join?

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Tidyweb

just notice 2 screws on teh back (kind of hexagonal) . Willl need a socket or a pliers to get them off.

Hopefully if I get the top off, I can find a away to get the control panel off. As I said there is no screws at the front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭whizbang

those screws are probably Torx. the if you get the right size hex key it will work, otherwise a flat blade screwdriver, but has to be the right size also.
    Slide back the lid and lift off, should be some of the same screws for the control panel.
    cant help anymore im afraid, these can be utterly mindbending. but, you may be able to get at the switches without removing the panel

• Advertisement
Advertisement