Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thin Lizzy Dublin Date Announcement

Options
  • 02-03-2012 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭

MCD have confimed that a Thin Lizzy announcement will be made on the Ronan Collins show on RTE Radio 1 today. The show begins at 12noon. It is believed that Lizzy will play with support from The Darkness (rumour only) in Dublin in August.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Tickets €35??? You would hope its a good support (not The Darkness since they can sell it out on there own) . Come on MCD bring Steel Panther

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

the darkness are playing with them at belsonic up in belfast so theres a good chance they will be playing with lizzy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

hoping the announcement on RTE now will be a decent support - were it to be The Darkness it would be a great double bill, but hoping they announce something as MCD have already announced the gig on their website - so a radio announcement of the gig alone is a waste of time, but wouldn't surprise me.

Red €35 is standard for these Lizzy gigs.......
    can't see them bringing Panther over and certainly wouldn't see them bringing anyone that isn't around here or the UK on the 16th Aug.

NIBBS wrote: »
    hoping the announcement on RTE now will be a decent support - were it to be The Darkness it would be a great double bill, but hoping they announce something as MCD have already announced the gig on their website - so a radio announcement of the gig alone is a waste of time, but wouldn't surprise me.

Red €35 is standard for these Lizzy gigs.......
    can't see them bringing Panther over and certainly wouldn't see them bringing anyone that isn't around here or the UK on the 16th Aug.

Yea true , if there is no good support i dont think ill bother going at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Tickets €35??? You would hope its a good support (not The Darkness since they can sell it out on there own) . Come on MCD bring Steel Panther

I paid £29.50 plus £3.50 booking fee to see Lizzy, Clutch and Triggerfinger in the Apollo in London a few weeks ago so €35.50 seems about right if the Darkness are to support.

The Belsonic gig in Belfast is £33 plus booking fee so I don't think we're being ripped off here.

Now €127.50 for an electric picnic day ticket - that is a rip off but a discussion for a different time!!

• Advertisement

Yea true , if there is no good support i dont think ill bother going at all

I'm the same, I've seen them a couple of times and there's enough other stuff I'm going to not to be adding something to it that only half interests me - good support though and I'll be there....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

This is on MCD's site at the moment, no mention of The Darkness or indeed any support though....

Tickets are 35.50 plus rip-off markup...

blastman wrote: »
    This is on MCD's site at the moment, no mention of The Darkness or indeed any support though....

Tickets are 35.50 plus rip-off markup...

yeah blastman they had that on MCD's site before they put up the thing about the announcement on FB - a little odd which I pointed out and got no response.....

So was the announcement on the radio just that they are playing a dublin gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

So was the announcement on the radio just that they are playing a dublin gig?

I rang my father who is a huge Lizzy fan this morning to tell him keep an hear to the radio while he was driving to Dublin.

He told me that he heard nothing and he didn't miss any of the show. Strange for MCD to post a FB message and then nothing on the radio. You would imagine the Darkness are dead certs for this gig as support given that they are supporting in Belfast on the Saturday night. I would also guess that another decent act would also be appearing!!

Must say I was really impressed with Ricky Warwick when I saw them recently. I had also seen them twice in 2011 (Apollo Feb 2011 and Slane 2011). They had really polished the show. It was a top class performance!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Didn't The Darkness play their own gig in The Olympia though? I can't see them supporting Thin Lizzy.

I think a Steel Panther gig over here would sell well. I'm hoping they'll pop over for a gig here just before or after Download in June.

honru wrote: »
    Didn't The Darkness play their own gig in The Olympia though? I can't see them supporting Thin Lizzy.

I think a Steel Panther gig over here would sell well. I'm hoping they'll pop over for a gig here just before or after Download in June.

Yea it would be a step back for the Darkness to support someone in the same venue they sold out already . With Belsonic its different because its 5000 capacity

Yea ive been waiting for Panther to annnounce a date over here but no look . Yea hopefully a gig around Download in the Academy

honru wrote: »

the annual June O2 pre Download date (well there has been one for the last few years) doen't usually get announced until quite late if I remember.....but would have thought not that all the main acts at Donwload are announced they'd say something soon if it were happening.....and that's where I'd see them being added - I'm just not sure what 3 bands they'd have this year - won't be The Prodigy/Metallica or Sabbath, so then you look at 2nd on the list ??

what would be pretty cool would be Slash - Steel Panther - and another decent band......would that be enough to get a good crowd in the O2 though ?

otherwise it would be an Academy date for Steel Panther - Lamb of God are the only Download band to announce a date here so far right ?

aka accounts - maybe you should change the name of the thread as The Darkness aren't from what I've been told playing another Irish date around then other than Belsonic......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

aka accounts - maybe you should change the name of the thread as The Darkness aren't from what I've been told playing another Irish date around then other than Belsonic......

I've changed it, if they happen to be playing I'll change it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

This gig seems to have disappeared. No mention on Tktmstr, MCD or the Olympia website. Hopefully for a good reason like a good line up in the 02 on another date.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,429 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

rednik wrote: »
    This gig seems to have disappeared. No mention on Tktmstr, MCD or the Olympia website. Hopefully for a good reason like a good line up in the 02 on another date.

Support for Guns N Roses in the o2 on May 17th ??. Lizzy are playing Guildford in the uk on the 16th may and then Liverpool on the 18th May, leaving the 17th free

Def Leppard are doing a us tour this summer, so maybe support for a warm gig like last june.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Support for Guns N Roses in the o2 on May 17th ??. Lizzy are playing Guildford in the uk on the 16th may and then Liverpool on the 18th May, leaving the 17th free

Def Leppard are doing a us tour this summer, so maybe support for a warm gig like last june.

The gig in the Olympia was supposed to be on Aug 16th as they are playing Belsonic on the 18th. They will be headliners and not support but it would make the GNR gig even better.

Leppard are touring the States with Poison and Lita Ford I doubt they will announce any European dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Gorham

Went into the Ticketmaster place in Limerick and they had nothing on their system about the gig!!! Has it been cancelled r re scheduled?????

Gorham wrote: »
    Went into the Ticketmaster place in Limerick and they had nothing on their system about the gig!!! Has it been cancelled r re scheduled?????

rumour is that Lizzy are going to be supporting G 'n' R in the O2, nothing from MCD/Lizzy or Ticketmaster - gig just disappeared, pretty annoying that they couldn't even tell people......

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Jeez ....that's disappointing!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Gorham wrote: »

Ticketmaster venues don't usually know anything until the gig is announced.

karaokeman wrote: »
    Ticketmaster venues don't usually know anything until the gig is announced.

It was announced and advertised karaokeman - MCD, Ticketmaster and the band themselves all had it up, and now nothing......

• Registered Users Posts: 38,429 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

rumour is that Lizzy are going to be supporting G 'n' R in the O2, nothing from MCD/Lizzy or Ticketmaster - gig just disappeared, pretty annoying that they couldn't even tell people......

not too bad if ture. At least people would be happy with a longer set by these guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

One of my best mates back in Wales is in Darren Wharton's band 'Dare' (Wharton also lives near my hometown)
    I've asked him this morning whats goin on and he said he'll get back to me so i'll let ya know as soon as he does

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭yknaa

MCD to make big announcement next Wednesday according to the twitter machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

yknaa wrote: »
    MCD to make big announcement next Wednesday according to the twitter machine.

Bet ya it'll be whoever is the next headliner for Hard Rock Calling in London. Althugh maybe a Thin Lizzy/The Darkness gig may be happening.

Mushy wrote: »
    Bet ya it'll be whoever is the next headliner for Hard Rock Calling in London. Althugh maybe a Thin Lizzy/The Darkness gig may be happening.

Id go for one of these:

Foo Fighters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D
    Coldplay
    Kasabian

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭yknaa

Mushy wrote: »

Not sure but it is Lizzy related.

• Advertisement

yknaa wrote: »
    Not sure but it is Lizzy related.

Ha yea my bad , just seen the tweet now , ha thought it was a general announcement :P

Advertisement