Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thin Lizzy Dublin Date Announcement

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Would big news be them supporting a band? If its them and The Darkness, it'll have to be attended. If its them with GNR, then I can skip.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,429 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

i think lizzy supporting GNR would be postive for ticket sales but lizzy have gigs in england that week so it could be quite hard to head to dublin and then back to england.

Saw lizzy suppoting Def Leppard last year and quite enjoyed them so i would be delighted to see them again in the o2 (possibly a longer set).

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Some epic gig in the O2 with Slash , Thin Lizzy , The Darkness and Steel Panther:) . All around in June ;)

Some epic gig in the O2 with Slash , Thin Lizzy , The Darkness and Steel Panther:) . All around in June ;)

Get rid of Steel Panther, put in Clutch, and that is the coolest day possible.

Mushy wrote: »
    Get rid of Steel Panther, put in Clutch, and that is the coolest day possible.

Never ha , Also add these lads to the bill

:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Thin Lizzy supporting guns n roses, what a let down

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

darryn wrote: »
    Thin Lizzy supporting guns n roses, what a let down

Really bad announcement by MCD. They took a huge gamble booking Guns n Roses after the previous disaster. The public have clearly decided not to book tickets and MCD have had to try and beef up the line-up.

I reckon I'll now go to Belfast on the 18th August to see them with the Darkness. At least it's a Saturday night, a cheaper price and guaranteed a great show!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Thin Lizzy supporting Guns N Roses?

Great finally a show for all the diehard tribute-goers, both of them can do nothing but live off their past success.

I wonder will this help ticket sales?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Interesting....could now be a serious contender for loudest gig of the year.

This gig goes to eleven! :pac:

• Advertisement

Savman wrote: »
    Interesting....could now be a serious contender for loudest gig of the year.

This gig goes to eleven! :pac:

Or s***tiest.

Knew all along they would be supporting them .

The only thing id worry about is that they wont change the setlist from when they last played the o2 (June 2011 supporting Alice Cooper and Def Leppard) and that for myself would elimante any suprise.

Id plan the evening as follows

18.30- Doors Open
    19.00- 21.00-Thin lizzy (that gives Lizzy a full set)
    21.30-23.45 Aprox- Guns N Roses

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Knew all along they would be supporting them .

The only thing id worry about is that they wont change the setlist from when they last played the o2 (June 2011 supporting Alice Cooper and Def Leppard) and that for myself would elimante any suprise.

18.30- Doors Open

They'll get an hour, tops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

18.30- Doors Open

But give Axl this version just in case..
    11.30- Doors Open
    12.00- 13.00-Thin lizzy (that gives Lizzy a full set)
    13.30-15.45 Aprox- Guns N Roses

Yea ticket sales must not be going well

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

With Lizzy it makes the night even better.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭villa2008

Guns N' Roses & Thin Lizzy, could only be better if they could get Slash and his new band to play also. Should be a great night. Have to say the new Lizzy line-up were pretty good last year in the 02 with Alice Cooper & Def Leppard. Guns N' Roses at the moment are on fire also, just check the videos of recent shows on youtube for proof of that. All we need now is for Axl to show up on time, which I think he will this time and the muppets who throw bottles etc. the last time to stay at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

After the fiasco last time around it's not a total surprise if this isn't selling well, this shower showed nothing but contempt for their own ticket buying fans and treated them like dirt.

I was, and still am, amazed that the promoters had the sheer audacity to bring the Axl Rose' travelling freak show back to Dublin :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Lizzy are supporting GnR on all the UK/Irl dates, and they've announced this morning that their own shows in the UK will now be on in Nov/Dec I would assume that the Dublin date will follow that pattern......

I guess they couldn't turn down the offer....

Savman wrote: »
    After the fiasco last time around it's not a total surprise if this isn't selling well, this shower showed nothing but contempt for their own ticket buying fans and treated them like dirt.

I was, and still am, amazed that the promoters had the sheer audacity stupidity to bring the Axl Rose' travelling freak show back to Dublin :confused:

Fixxed that for ya. :D

MCD and common sense don't go hand in hand.

• Advertisement

wonder what Phil Lynott would think of Axl Rose and Guns N Roses if he was still with us today

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

wonder what Phil Lynott would think of Axl Rose and Guns N Roses if he was still with us today

All we can do is pray Brian Downey knows if its for the best.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

I'd like to see Mr. Desmond get stung

Radio Nova 100 - www.nova100.ie
    Wish you were there??
    Thin Lizzy are playing a show at The Olympia, December 13th.
    Tickets on sale in the morning!
    Dee.

Any word on support? Might go if its a decent billing.

Just bought 3 tickets for the gig in Decemeber. Saw them 2 times (Supporting Def Leppard 2011 & Guns n Roses 2012). Great band cant wait to see them again.

One thing would MCD not put Lizzy in the o2 for a headlining gig. strong supporting acts maybe an all irish gig in the o2 (Horslips, Aslan, Therpy etc) could make it an intresting gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Just bought 3 tickets for the gig in Decemeber. Saw them 2 times (Supporting Def Leppard 2011 & Guns n Roses 2012). Great band cant wait to see them again.

One thing would MCD not put Lizzy in the o2 for a headlining gig. strong supporting acts maybe an all irish gig in the o2 (Horslips, Aslan, Therpy etc) could make it an intresting gig.

I've been over to London to see them twice in the last two years and both gigs were excellent.

I've already got tickets for the Belfast gig on 18th August. Tempted to grab a few Olympia tickets aswell, nice way to get the Christmas period under way!!!!

An O2 gig with a strong support on a Friday or Saturday night would sell well IMO.

If i was a promotor i would have the following

Thin Lizzy and Special Guests Live at the o2 Dublin Thursday 13th Dec 2012

Doors- 5.30
    6.00-6.30- The Answer
    6.45-7.15- Brian Robertson and Guests (Brush Shields etc)
    7.30-8.00- Horslips
    8.15-9.15- The Pogues
    9.45-11.30-Thin Lizzy

What ye think ??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

If i was a promotor i would have the following

Thin Lizzy and Special Guests Live at the o2 Dublin Thursday 13th Dec 2012

Doors- 5.30
    6.00-6.30- The Answer
    6.45-7.15- Brian Robertson and Guests (Brush Shields etc)
    7.30-8.00- Horslips
    8.15-9.15- The Pogues
    9.45-11.30-Thin Lizzy

What ye think ??

For a start Id have The Answer higher than Brian Robertson ...

Horslips can sell out the O2 by themselves
    The Pogues - ditto
    Thin Lizzy - no chance.

• Advertisement

just treated myself to a vip package for the show in Dublin.

I knw people are going to say im crazy for buying it but its something i wanted to do for a few years now.

Advertisement