Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thin Lizzy Dublin Date Announcement

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Mushy wrote: »
    Any word on support? Might go if its a decent billing.

These guys , we are playing a gig with them on friday night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

I like that Sal Vitro song, but I'm still pretty pissed that we aren't getting the same support as the other dates on the Tour - it's not like it's a cheap ticket price........FM and The Treatment on the other dates......
    but again - nothing against Sal Vitro and looking forward to seeing them

@PTH2009 - feck what others think, it's your treat, what's in the Package ? meet and greet ? etc

NIBBS wrote: »
    I like that Sal Vitro song, but I'm still pretty pissed that we aren't getting the same support as the other dates on the Tour - it's not like it's a cheap ticket price........FM and The Treatment on the other dates......

@PTH2009 - feck what others think, it's your treat, what's in the Package ? meet and greet ? etc

This is usually happens with Irish gigs when bands do a tour with big support around the UK but never happens in Ireland . In saying that its also good for bands like Sal Vitro to get a support slot like this and would love to see it happen more often for irish acts getting these slots (without just using the same ones over and over)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,429 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

get

I get a merchandise package with exclusive T shirt, VIP bag and thin lizzy guitar plectrum, a meet and greet with members of the band and a vip entrance (No queing). It cost 125 euro but thats an all rite price for a vip ticket imo

This is usually happens with Irish gigs when bands do a tour with big support around the UK but never happens in Ireland . In saying that its also good for bands like Sal Vitro to get a support slot like this and would love to see it happen more often for irish acts getting these slots (without just using the same ones over and over)

Don't get me wrong Red I'm all for Irish bands getting support slots, and yes it has been the norm in the past not to bring the touring bands here - but certain bands never bring the Tour Supports here and Lizzy are one of them, in there most recent line ups they've had some great supports on their UK Dates and then pretended that the Irish date was a one off show - which really it isn't......I know there's additional costs involved, but I still think their should be 3 bands on this bill like there is on the rest of the Tour.....

Sadly for Sal Vitro I fear (having been too enough Lizzy Shows) most of the audience will be in the pub/bar until close enough to when Lizzy start.....would like to be wrong, but that's the general pattern.....

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    get

I get a merchandise package with exclusive T shirt, VIP bag and thin lizzy guitar plectrum, a meet and greet with members of the band and a vip entrance (No queing). It cost 125 euro but thats an all rite price for a vip ticket imo

cool, hope it's worth every penny, won't be long now, the weeks are flying in ;-)

Don't get me wrong Red I'm all for Irish bands getting support slots, and yes it has been the norm in the past not to bring the touring bands here - but certain bands never bring the Tour Supports here and Lizzy are one of them, in there most recent line ups they've had some great supports on their UK Dates and then pretended that the Irish date was a one off show - which really it isn't......I know there's additional costs involved, but I still think their should be 3 bands on this bill like there is on the rest of the Tour.....

Sadly for Sal Vitro I fear (having been too enough Lizzy Shows) most of the audience will be in the pub/bar until close enough to when Lizzy start.....would like to be wrong, but that's the general pattern.....

Ah yea i know what you mean , yea bands rarely bring over the tour support when it comes to Ireland and i say you are right its due to cost , since in the UK the bands can just travel by bus all through the UK but if they came over here they would need plane/boat over etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

No new album under the Thin Lizzy name.

http://www.thinlizzyband.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 38,429 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

So possibily the 13th Dec will be the last ever Thin Lizzy show. ???

Im happy i have a VIP ticket hopefully i will get to meet one of (the oringal members)and hopefully it will be something to tell the grandchildren about.

Advertisement