Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Filthy Roof

• 02-03-2012 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭

The roof of my new MH is fairly dirty, just regular greenish stuff. Had a quick rub at it and it seems fairly tough to get off. Have one of those soft extendable brushes that attaches to hose, so I'm going to get up ladder and spread a board over the roof bars to spread weight (I'm over 14 stone!). Question is - whats a good/safe cleaning product to cut through the grime. Preferably something that can be picked up in Tesco's :) Would regular cream cleaner like Jif do the job?
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭SARZY

Mine was filthy as well.
    I considered getting out the ladder.
    I decided I was too heavy and too old for such a job.
    So I went to a guy who washes cars and told him about the problem.
    He got up on the roof with his brush and power washer.
    He then washed the van itself.
    He did a fine job in 20 minutes.
    I paid him what he asked for.
    €20.

I am in the Limerick and if you are anywhere near it would be worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭RO 06

I washed my roof a few weeks ago with brush and hose. Today i got up onto it and give it a clean and polished it with Autoglym.Nice and shiny. I am 14st and didnt do it any damage.Dont walk on the slope of roof.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 66 ✭✭porterboy

Where is the guy in Limerick Sarzy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭SARZY

Directions sent to you in a PM

Advertisement