Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query

Options
  • 02-03-2012 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭

Hi Electric Ireland,
    I've a question for ye. I've a gas account with BGE. However it is still in my father's name who died 4.5 years ago (RIP). I would like to change the name to my name and switch the account to Electric Ireland - can I just ring yourselves for this? I don't want to ring BGE as they'll make me either sign up to DD or pay a deposit of €300 for an account that i've been paying anyway - and it is on time and up-to-date.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi thewing,

There isn't any need to contact your current provider; you can switch the gas account to ourselves by ringing 1850 30 50 90, or simply sending me a PM. I would require the following details:
    • The GPRN no. and address
    • An up to date meter reading
    • Your full name, contact no. and date of birth
    thewing wrote:
    they'll make me either sign up to DD or pay a deposit of €300 for an account that i've been paying anyway

Direct debit is also mandatory for our new gas customers, but we don't charge a deposit in addition to the direct debit; it is either one or the other. We offer 6% off the Bord Gáis regulated gas tariff as standard; if you have both your electricity and gas accounts with us, you could get up to 14% off. See here for further details.

Thanks,

David.

Advertisement