Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

thread locked & rude mod

Options
  • 02-03-2012 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=77376471

Hi i think this above thread was unfairly locked & also in a rather rude manner by the mod & his PMs are basically along the same line, i understand the mods have a hard job but a little politeness goes a long way!!

I didnt think the thread was too old to ressurect or that it was dissimilar to mine.. also the mod PMd me & said the answer to my question was already in the thread -which it isnt - and again told me to go to the an post website which off course i already had but got no joy hence why i was posting on the thread in the 1st place.

So can someone have a look at this please??

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved from DRP, as this doesn't involve a ban or infraction.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Your question clearly is
    does an post refund you anything for them losing items by standard post???

That has nothing to do with the 'Online Buying & Auctions' forum or even the thread that you posted in, in which was the user asking will eBay find against him and refund the owner.

You could call AnPost and try to talk with someone. I don't think the mod was rude at all and his direction to AnPost is quite a good suggestion. What you really need to do is call them, tell them the item has gone missing and then ask for a search of the postal system. I've done this in the past and had success.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

thats fine i didnt expect anything less.. it was from online buying as i stated it was from adverts.ie.. i have rang an post & they are searching i was just posting to ask do they compensate & generally to see what other people have had happened to them in similar situations.. the point i thought of a discussion board.. i was looking to get replies like the one you posted not the one the mod did.. i dont see the big issue in why it was locked is all.. but ill leave it that.. i wont be on this section of boards again thats for sure. thanks for your advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Resolved so :) Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement