Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laundrette near Smithfield?

Options
  • 02-03-2012 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if there are any GOOD laundrettes in or around Smithfield?
    I am sharing with 2 other people so it is kinda hard to get a big wash on to dry in the apt so was thinking, I need to get loads of bed sheets washed and I could use this service but never used ti before. Would anyone know of prices and how long it takes etc?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I get dry-cleaning done at Mr Tubs on Arran Quay. Not sure what makes a laundrette GOOD but I haven't noticed many "out of order" signs on the machines.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

BeerNut wrote: »
    I get dry-cleaning done at Mr Tubs on Arran Quay. Not sure what makes a laundrette GOOD but I haven't noticed many "out of order" signs on the machines.

Cool, thanks for that.
    I mean a place where I drop the stuff in and someone washes and dries it all for me and I pick it up later that day or the next day. Never used them tbh, so its all new to me (dont laugh :o).

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

A service wash. Yes, I'm pretty sure they do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

BeerNut wrote: »
    A service wash. Yes, I'm pretty sure they do that.

Cool, sorry didnt know if was called that.

Thanks, I'll get onto them about that so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

We used VIP dry cleaners on Manor St for shirts and the like for years.

Switched to .. I think it is 'Fresh as a Daisy' further up in recent times. (8 Prussia Street)

Recommend both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 ccswinston

Hi,
    There is a launderette on Bolton Street, Dublin 1, across from the DIT College. Its called the White Swan Launderette. They do a laundry service and drycleaning. I am almost sure they do alterations and ironing. They are very reasonable and get the job done. That is all i want when coming home is to pick up what i dropped in. Very central and handy.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ccswinston

Just wondering if there are any GOOD laundrettes in or around Smithfield?
    I am sharing with 2 other people so it is kinda hard to get a big wash on to dry in the apt so was thinking, I need to get loads of bed sheets washed and I could use this service but never used ti before. Would anyone know of prices and how long it takes etc?

Thanks
    The White Swan Launderette on Bolton Street would be your nearest. Great Launderette. Its across from the DIT College

Advertisement