Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB - Low useage charge.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 IrritatedNow

Hi Paddy, Thanks for posting - I know I'm not the only one who is energy efficient. Just got another bill yesterday and, yes, I'm still very, very energy efficient and BEING CHARGED FOR IT! Even though in the last two months I've tried to be more blase about my usage of electricity, my bill has actually gone down slightly! However, the low usage is still the same at EUR25.15 - more than half my total bill. AND I'm paying this to a semi-state body, i.e. the taxpayer!!

Just to be even more irritating, ElectricIreland on the front of the bill is advertising "Home Energy Makeover - Make savings while the sun shines. Save up to 10% on our range of energy saving Home Services products." Again, ElectricIreland (a trademark of ESB, a company owned by us Irish citizens) does not make the customer aware that using too little energy will be penalised. When will this disconnect be recognized?
    Still Irritated

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Paddy De Plasterer

Hi Paddy, Thanks for posting - I know I'm not the only one who is energy efficient. Just got another bill yesterday and, yes, I'm still very, very energy efficient and BEING CHARGED FOR IT! Even though in the last two months I've tried to be more blase about my usage of electricity, my bill has actually gone down slightly! However, the low usage is still the same at EUR25.15 - more than half my total bill. AND I'm paying this to a semi-state body, i.e. the taxpayer!!

Just to be even more irritating, ElectricIreland on the front of the bill is advertising "Home Energy Makeover - Make savings while the sun shines. Save up to 10% on our range of energy saving Home Services products." Again, ElectricIreland (a trademark of ESB, a company owned by us Irish citizens) does not make the customer aware that using too little energy will be penalised. When will this disconnect be recognized?
    Still Irritated

Exactly,and standing charges, VAT, levyies are all so high. This did not go before the Regulator by the way, as CEO Of EI said there was no need as it was not a price rise. Why has there been so little fuss about it. As I said I live on my own and am frugal , but get punished.

Advertisement