Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford is lovlier than Kilkenny?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭granturismo

Formosa wrote: »

That link doesnt explain your statement. it just links to the South East forum

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Formosa

That link doesnt explain your statement. it just links to the South East forum

It does, see the descriptions...

Anyway, don't mind me, I'm just bored!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

They both have their positives and negatives but nothing beats Kilkenny castle :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

OakeyDokey wrote: »
    They both have their positives and negatives but nothing beats Kilkenny castle :)

Waterford castle does haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

I would imagine its an early april fools joke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,888 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Wexford is lovelier than both.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Bla bla bla bla bla whatever OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

I spend a great deal of time in both Kilkenny and Waterford (cities), and have lived in both. Both have their ups and downs, and I couldnt care less about rivalry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

im from waterford living in kilkenny i love it up in kilkenny its a lovely place to live, love when the hurling gets going alot of fun banter

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Lord ButterSlip

Waterford is only lovely because of its view of Kilkenny. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

KKkitty wrote: »
    Bla bla bla bla bla whatever OP.

I love a good pun so I do.

Slightly off topic but has anyone noticed in recent weeks that the vibrancy of Kilkenny's nightlife on a saturday night is practically non existant these times?

Ok i realise we're in a recession and st patricks day just around the is corner but the general buzz around the city is absolute zilch.

I remember when johns bridge used be thronged with people crossing over it and people were going in and out of pubs and clubs almost continously. It was such a popular spot for tourists, hen partys etc even during the early days of the bust and this was almost every weekend.

Slightly off topic but has anyone noticed in recent weeks that the vibrancy of Kilkenny's nightlife on a saturday night is practically non existant these times?

Ok i realise we're in a recession and st patricks day just around the is corner but the general buzz around the city is absolute zilch.

I remember when johns bridge used be thronged with people crossing over it and people were going in and out of pubs and clubs almost continously. It was such a popular spot for tourists, hen partys etc even during the early days of the bust and this was almost every weekend.
    It's just a sign of the times I'd say and I know a lot of young people seem to be in Australia or other places too. Haven't been in a nightclub in Kilkenny in years but I'd say drink isn't cheap either.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Twas an old April Fools joke that was just never fixed. Best place your thoughts in Feedback, they may change it but they don't tend to make any changes like that lately!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

It's just a sign of the times I'd say and I know a lot of young people seem to be in Australia or other places too. Haven't been in a nightclub in Kilkenny in years but I'd say drink isn't cheap either.

Nail on the head. Drink prices in KK are on a par with Dublin and worse in many cases as you rarely get any kind of deals in KK like €3 pints etc. €4.50 pint in Left Bank anyone?! God forbid they would have to lower their rpices (slightly) to attract a few more in. Prices in KK are still boom era prices in severe reccessionary times. Unless something changes the quite times will continue.

mfitzy wrote: »

Nail on the head. Drink prices in KK are on a par with Dublin and worse in many cases as you rarely get any kind of deals in KK like €3 pints etc. €4.50 pint in Left Bank anyone?! God forbid they would have to lower their rpices (slightly) to attract a few more in. Prices in KK are still boom era prices in severe reccessionary times. Unless something changes the quite times will continue.
    Not even considering certain establishments who up the price maybe twice a night and customers kinda oblivious to it. People are having a few drinks at home before they even head out too and maybe not even lasting a night cos of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

Definitely agree that night life in Kilkenny is an at a major low ebb. Certainly the lowest I can remember since 2000 or so (basically when I stopped being underage).

Parliament Street is completely dead apart from Cleeres, which still packs them in, and upstairs in the Pumphouse (where all the underagers hide). High Street is a dead duck. The Field and Left Bank provide a bit of life on the Parade but it's not all that busy. John Street is the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Lord ButterSlip

Sully wrote: »
    Twas an old April Fools joke that was just never fixed.

Id wondered about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭foxcoverteddy

The problem with Kilkenny is that all the young ones have fled leaving behind the whinging oldies of the town, but it is prettier than Waterford, if only one could park the car, you can't in Waterford either.
    You can in Dungarvan, and it has the Tannery restaurant , plus the magical romantic sea right up to the centre almost.
    A lover's paradise, beat that.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭KK4SAM

I luvs the two of them I do ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Same in Waterford boy, nobody has any money and the media are doing their best to blow the head off us all with the negative vibes, coffe shops are the new pubs for atmosphere!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 LemonPledge

From Kilkenny originally and currently living in Waterford! Have to say I much prefer Waterford! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

From Kilkenny originally and currently living in Waterford! Have to say I much prefer Waterford! :D

That's nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Green Brigade

Turncoat and Waterford City is a dump.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Why does one county have to be better than the other? This rivarly is crap :p I love both Kilkenny and Waterford :D and i'll throw in Tipp for good measure :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Autosport wrote: »
    i'll throw in Tipp for good measure :p

Woah now! GAA rivalry aside, dont be liking that place. Not even Tipp likes Tipp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 LemonPledge

dooferoaks wrote: »
    That's nice.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Suas11 wrote: »
    Wexford is lovelier than both.

haha no

im a tipp man and am lucky enough to be geographically near both places as options to go out with Clonmel, Thurles and possibly Portlaoise and Carlow being other options.

Both were great places to go out in but its very sad to see that the current economic situation has done to the nightlife in the respective cities. Was in waterford last night and you wouldnt think it was a bank holiday sunday. It was dead. It could be that people are prioritising (paddys night over sunday) or the greater worry is that emigration has taken a firm grip over ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

cocoshovel wrote: »
    Woah now! GAA rivalry aside, dont be liking that place. Not even Tipp likes Tipp

It has a great road to Kilkenny and other places but who would go anywhere else :D;)

Advertisement