Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lights out / going dark / infrared etc

Options
  • 02-03-2012 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭

Whats the views on the whole malarky of 'going dark'? I dont mean in the sense that people do keep quieter in the dark etc etc (since they do) ... but more down to why use infrared in the first place?

It lets *us* see in the dark, but how can that show you ghosts? Has anyone heard of the research claiming infrared actually hinders paranormal activity?

What about full spectrum cameras and the fact that most of them on the market aren't spec'd properly for proper use (all those claims made by Barry Fitzgerald) yet many groups use them regardless?

You can hear all he says here - http://tapsfamilyradio.net/?p=308

Comments

Its actually done to look good on TV and build suspense to make an entertaining TV show. Funny thing is most reports of ghost sightings happen in brightness.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭screamer

I don't get the need for darkness either, all it does is make people uneasy, and conditions their minds to be scared, you can't see what is there, so anything at all can be interpreted as "activity"..... leave the lights on- ah ghosties don't like the light? or perhaps, you're less likely to experience something because you can see properly?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

i do understand why its dark on some investigations. one thing for certain is that it focuses the mind when one sense is dimmed. Sharpens hearing maybe ... but i dont iunderstand how infrared is meant to be any good for paranormal research. If you need to see in the dark, use a torch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 matbaron

A truly haunted location has activity day, or night. I personally like investigating at night, I think houses tend to settle more during the night vs the day.

Advertisement