Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

art lessons

• 02-03-2012 3:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭

just wondering if anyone knows of any art teachers out there that give lessons to someone with just a bit of free time on their hands

cheap is good
    good at what they do is better

classes. one on one sessions. anything at all really. just for someone who wants to know how to draw and paint better.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭gaf1983

I saw lessons being advertised opposite the Ardhu Bar on the Ennis Road, can't remember the name of it but there are prominent signs for it. Also know that Jean Ryan has a studio at the corner of Thomas St and Catherine St, saw a sign up for lessons there too. I think Limerick College of Further Education also offer evening classes. Know different people who've taken lessons at all three places and were all happy with what they got. No idea about prices I'm afraid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

wasn't there a Drink and Draw that used to be on? if there's still on you should join in with them, wouldn't cost anything and you may learn something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

Sera wrote: »
    wasn't there a Drink and Draw that used to be on? if there's still on you should join in with them, wouldn't cost anything and you may learn something

never heard about this????

also thanks Gaf going to investigate your suggesins

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭iora_rua

You could try checking with the Limerick Art Society www.limerickartsociety.com - they have a list of tutors on their web page (obviously, there would be tuition costs) and I see they have an art thing of some sort going on today (Sat) in Limerick, maybe you could just check in there and talk to someone. They also have a Facebook page with more details. There was also an artist in Raheen (Marie Loftus) who ran lots of different day/evening courses (reasonably priced), don't know if that's still running, but could PM you her contact details - if you're interested and I can find them! At least, someone should know someone who can advise you. Another idea would be to ask at the various framing shops in and around Limerick. I saw something recently about a framing shop that also runs classes around the Ennis Road area. Sorry to be so vague, but can't remember the name - maybe Blueberry?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Bicycle

There is a woman called Una - I can't remember her last name - living on the angled part of Fort Mary Park-St James' Court on the Shopping Centre side.

She does art lessons and is very reasonably priced. She's also very nice.

Maybe someone can remember her last name. And no, its not Una Heaton.

• Advertisement

Hi,

Came across your post randomly, no connection other than current attendee at the Dublin course.

From the Art to heart website & they're on facebook
    The nearest one to you is in Clare but would be worth the trek!

THE DRAWING ROOM

Rockforest, Tubber, Co. Clare

Saturday mornings from 10am to 12.30pm. Starting January 28th.

The fee includes basic art material as well as tea, coffee and biscuits.

Secure your place now by simply calling, email or phone:
    Bookings: Jole 085 1532220 or jole@arttoheart.ie

You can join the classes as ‘Drop In’ at a cost of €20 per night

or for the entire programme (10 classes) at €160.

Advertisement